Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"I'm pregnant so I can't......."

Posted by   + Show Post

..............start an exercise routine, go to school, get a job, get a better job, improve my life, leave my abusive-douche-bag DH/SO/BF, ...yada yada yada..............seriously???? WHY NOT?? 

by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:06 AM
Replies (31-40):
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:52 AM
I was so determined to not let pregnancy slow me down. I did everything I normally did up until I passed my due date. Then I was a freakin house and started slowing down. But it still didn't stop me from doing everything. Just more slowly.
I kinda wish I had taken it easy a little more.
I always tell me husband if I ever get pregnant again I am milking that shit for all it's worth! Lol!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:52 AM
I'm pregnant but I can't start school until I'm not. Only because what I want to do involves x-rays.
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:55 AM
My pregnancy was very high risk, I really couldn't do much. It sucked!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:55 AM
Ahh Gotcha lol. You'd have quite a tree there

Quoting Anonymous: 12 to 16. My ohone seriously wants me to grow a plant apparently. 12 - 16 there haha

Quoting Anonymous: 1-216 weeks? Damn that's a long pregnancy! LOL

Quoting Anonymous: The moment I find out im pregnant I stop doing anything that I dont feel is worth my child's life.

I have a incompetent cervix and until 1-216 weeks when I get my stitch placed I am that chick. I wont lift anything over 10 pounds, I wont shop all, I pretty much become a complete bum. But after my stitch im also super careful but I also do more.
TheSilence
by Tá mé an mó on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:55 AM
Eh pregnancy is my time to enjoy the life growing inside of me. I feel no need to push myself at all.
I quite like being coddled by my husband.
RandiBear
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:56 AM

Quoting MomTo2Boys12: These comments are blasphemy... There are some cases where pregnancy damn near cripples women. I lost nearly 40lbs, had three trips to the hospital, 6 IV bags, and two different medications for nausea just so I could drink water again.

But I guess I was just lazy, yeah? I mean, I almost died. But hey, I should have gotten off my ass to work 40+ hours a week, join the PTA, start baby sitting and run for president...

Quoting cdjd23: Don't you know pregnancy precludes you from doing anything.

I think these comments are directed more at the women that are healthy and have nothing actually wrong during their pregnancies and just use it as an excuse to do nothing, and then beg for people to do/buy for them because they need stuff.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Drs specifically tell you not to start new exercise routines...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:59 AM
I did the same thing. I worked until around 36 weeks and landed in the hospital for high blood pressure and they nearly induced me. I had so many complications after that I ended up having an emergency c section and he was in the nursery overnight so yeah next pregnancy I'm gonna take it easy.

Quoting EmilysMom2010: I was so determined to not let pregnancy slow me down. I did everything I normally did up until I passed my due date. Then I was a freakin house and started slowing down. But it still didn't stop me from doing everything. Just more slowly.

I kinda wish I had taken it easy a little more.

I always tell me husband if I ever get pregnant again I am milking that shit for all it's worth! Lol!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:00 AM

Sounds just like a woman I know who just took her SO back after he cheated on her, doesn't work, lives off of his grandparents, sits around and eats ALL DAY LONG!!

Mummy2Connor
by Karissa on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:00 AM

I exercised more when I was pregnant than I did when I wasn't, haha, especially in my 3rd trimester! I wanted my body to be as fit as possible for the marathon of labor :)

And apparently I went about my whole pegnancy wrong :/ 

Darn.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN