Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

well $H**, that didn't go well LOL

Posted by   + Show Post

So Im trying to make a monster high cake... Looks like Pintrest gone bad!

by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:13 AM
Replies (31-40):
debidoula
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:33 AM

Make the Barbie cake with a monster high doll

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:33 AM
No, I put it all together and then frosted it. It was all going to be the same color, anyway. The purple looks very light in this picture but, it was actually much darker.

Quoting thetrollcat:

thats not too bad, did you drop the top layers like I tried to with mine? LOL

Because of the different colors I did attempt to try seperate but holy hell! I thought the cake was doomed when I dropped that top!

Quoting Rebecca7708:

Mobile Photo

If it makes you feel better, this is the disaster of a cake that I made for my brother for his birthday a couple of years ago.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:35 AM

ya the camera is weird about the actual colors of the cake...

Anyhow did you put cake boards under the layers or did the cakes fall apart while attempting to remove from the pan?

The one I noticed and ugh tried to avoid this is... If you dont use Duncan cake mix, the cakes are too soft and fall apart. For some reason (I think its Duncan) is the best when it comes to baking cakes. My cake the bottom is Duncan so its a lot flatter and even. The top is Betty Crocker white fucking cake fell apart! Makes the cake uneven :|

Quoting Rebecca7708: No, I put it all together and then frosted it. It was all going to be the same color, anyway. The purple looks very light in this picture but, it was actually much darker.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Because of the different colors I did attempt to try seperate but holy hell! I thought the cake was doomed when I dropped that top!

Quoting Rebecca7708:

Mobile Photo

If it makes you feel better, this is the disaster of a cake that I made for my brother for his birthday a couple of years ago.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:36 AM

oh hell no I saw those! Those are so ugly!

Quoting debidoula:

Make the Barbie cake with a monster high doll

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:38 AM

Oh that makes sense.  I am sure your dd will think it's beautiful!

Quoting thetrollcat:

I voted against the castle because I couldnt find mini monster high dolls :|

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it looks ok.  Much better than what I could do.  What happened to the castle thing you were going to make?

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:40 AM
This cake isn't really that big. No cake boards in between layers. They are single layers, so they aren't as heavy. And I don't use mixes, I bake from scratch.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Anyhow did you put cake boards under the layers or did the cakes fall apart while attempting to remove from the pan?

The one I noticed and ugh tried to avoid this is... If you dont use Duncan cake mix, the cakes are too soft and fall apart. For some reason (I think its Duncan) is the best when it comes to baking cakes. My cake the bottom is Duncan so its a lot flatter and even. The top is Betty Crocker white fucking cake fell apart! Makes the cake uneven :|

Quoting Rebecca7708: No, I put it all together and then frosted it. It was all going to be the same color, anyway. The purple looks very light in this picture but, it was actually much darker.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Rebecca7708:

Mobile Photo

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:43 AM

well the boards do help keep the cake looking more flat and even. I think you did pretty good but I recommend using boards between the layers so they lay flatter :)

Quoting Rebecca7708: This cake isn't really that big. No cake boards in between layers. They are single layers, so they aren't as heavy. And I don't use mixes, I bake from scratch.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Rebecca7708:

Mobile Photo

Mashnut3161
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:44 AM

hey. it doesnt look that bad. I have made worse and been proud

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:45 AM

Thats not toooooo bad but I think PINK would have been a better choice, lol

We used hot pink, black, teal and purple

Quoting thetrollcat:

I have no idea why it looks orange LOL but its not orange anyhow I had to DROP that top piece on the bottom and the frosting was too damn soft!

Quoting opal10161973:

Pics or it didn't happen.  LMAO

Okie-chick
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:46 AM
I'd still eat it lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN