Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Control your freaking kids!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Tonight we went to a buffet for dinner. I expected it to be busy being a Friday night, so it was no surprise it was a little crowded. Not too bad though.

First incident: I was standing in line waiting to get my drink while SO took DS to find a table. All of a sudden, I get bumped kinda hard from behind. So I look to see who bumped me and a kid, around 7 or so, is walking away looking at me like he's waiting for me to apologize to him. When did it become ok to not teach our children manners? I bite my tongue and don't say anything. Just brush it off as poor parenting.

Second incident: DS and I are sitting alone at the table. I'm trying to feed him when a little girl comes up. She's maybe 3. She belongs to the family 2 tables behind me. She says hi to him and talks to him a little. Her family also has a baby, so at first its kinda cute. Then she leans in close to his face, looks at me, then coughs into her elbow. I think good her parents taught her some hygiene. She does this a couple more times as I'm trying to feed him. Then she leans into his face and tries to kiss him. I gently ask her not to get in his face. Shortly after she runs off, while I look around for her parents. They were sitting at the table the whole time. Didn't move to collect her. Nothing. Are there really parents that think this is ok? I don't want any stranger in my kids face, especially not your germy child.

What would you mamas have done? Would these things have annoyed you too? Do you ever wonder if people are ever actually teaching their kids anything these days?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:47 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:09 AM
My autistic child knows better then this. He even hold the door for strangers..... Like a man should.

ABCMomma0211
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Ugh i miss my eat n park!!!!!!!!

I loved the fact it was a cheap in a pinch kinda thing!!!!

The lady who made the cookies at mine, gah miss her too.

I had always gone there when i was younger after my chemos.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

After work tonight me and my kids went to a local rest (Eat n Park for all you western PA'ers)  It's like Denny's so lots of kids hang out there.  Well there had been a Jr High dance tonight so it was PACKED with some of the rudest kids I ever saw.  Their mothers had taken up a table in the front and the kids were just wondering ALL OVER the place!  Our waitress was so frustrated...they made huge messes and didn't tip...and the moms just sat and sipped coffee...

SMH....

Paige03
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:18 AM

My dd is sn but knows to stay seated and use manners in restaurants. The worst I have ever seen was my hubby and I were on a date night at east side Mario's around 11pm. There was a girl around 11/12 who was skipping rope. Not even kidding she was standing between  tables jumping rope. And two boys were playing with toys on the floor. It wasnt busy but it wasn't empty either. The wait staff were getting annoyed. I just couldn't believe it. 

ABCMomma0211
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:19 AM
Lol.

"They must stay seated."

Youre at a damn buffet, whu cant said child get up with parent to get their damn food?????

My oldest knows at a buffet she may get up with an adult to get more food. The only other time is to pee or leave.

If we are at a sit down restruant, your ass better stay in your seat.
markswife03
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:10 AM
I think the parents of the little girl should have said something when she was messing with you and getting in your kid's face.

As for the older kid, an apology or something would have been nice but don't assume the parents allow rudeness. Sometimes kids get shy and don't always say what you have tried to teach them to say in these situations. It can be frustrating and embarrassing for the parents.

Is your one year old your only child? You make it seem simple now, as though he's relaxed because you did something right. However, it's likely you'll be dealing with more challenges as he gets older. My two little ones were pretty relaxed around one also, but they gradually developed a greater desire for independence and have attempted to test their limits more than before. I do believe parents should at least be attempting to keep their kids controlled, but it doesn't always mean they aren't doing their job if it doesn't sink in right away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:16 AM

I've actually wondered this for a long time. These days Parenting skills are sorely lacking and this younger generation is out of control. They have no manners and always feel entitled. I can't tell you when was the last time I heard a ma'm or please or thank you out of anyone. They are rude and speak to adult's as if they are on the same level. Parent get into a restaraunt or a store and just let them go wild. Drives me crazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:18 AM
I've been very blessed with my kids- when we go out to dinner its one of the very few times we have a nice relaxed meal together. At home its "mom he's in my spot", "eww she touched me"... We went out once to a new place and it was packed, few families but mostly seniors. It felt wonderful to have 4 couple walk up and praise our kids for being so well mannered.

mommytoacloud
by Angel on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this
This by far is the best

Quoting Sassy762:

I would have said " EXCUSE YOU LITTLE RUDE BOY"  in a really really loud voice.

For the little girl...I would have said "EXCUSE ME CAN SOMEONE CALL 911, THIS LITTLE GIRL IS LOST AND NEEDS ASSISTANCE"......again in a really really loud voice

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Is your one year old your only child? If so, this post makes a whole lot more sense. Come talk to me again when your kid is 3.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM
That's the thing, neither was with a parent. They were just running around as they pleased. If there had been a parent with either of them, I feel both situations would have had different endings....or at least I'd hope they would.

Quoting ABCMomma0211: Lol.

"They must stay seated."

Youre at a damn buffet, whu cant said child get up with parent to get their damn food?????

My oldest knows at a buffet she may get up with an adult to get more food. The only other time is to pee or leave.

If we are at a sit down restruant, your ass better stay in your seat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)