Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I gave up my dreams when I got pregnant....feeling bitter

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
I never planned on having kids. It wasn't something I really wanted. I was a sports fan, studying communication. I dreamed of being an espn analyst or reporter.

I got pregnant the second semester of my senior year of college. Thought about adoption, but my parents were way to excited about the baby.

Fast forward four years and I'm living the American dream. Loving husband, two kids, and the cute house. The problem is that I'm not happy at all.
I feel cheated out of my dreams. I spend so much time being bitter that I don't even enjoy little stuff like playing with the kids.
Wtf is wrong with me?! What can I do to be more fulfilled??
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Why not go after your dream now?  You can do that you know.  It is only too late after you have passed away.  Up until then, go after your dreams whatever they may be.   The children deserve to see a mommy who is happy and feels fulfilled so that they know it is ok to go after what they want in life.  Shoot start little like announcer at little league games or peewee foot ball games.   No it is not glamorous work but it is a start in right direction.

Reddawn75
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know but it sounds like you need to te evauleate your life and count your blessings. Life doesn't always go as planned.
Why can't you go back to collage and finish?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:06 AM

Are you doing anything to obtain your dreams now?  

JustMeKat
LETS NOT FORGET THIS
Today at 4:39 AM
by Kat on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:08 AM
4 moms liked this

Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.  ~Les Brown

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:10 AM

Not everyone finds motherhood fulfilling. I struggled for years with that feeling and oddly, I have become one of those women who sometimes misses her kid when he is at school- like today for example. He's 6 and I couldn't wait to see him. I swear I think I have lost my mind lol.

Seriously, though. Can you go back to school now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:11 AM
I'm 15 credit hours away from finishing my comm degree with a specialization in electronic media. As long as nothing comes up, I'll be done in December.

I'm not going to be on the sidelines for the broncos or anything with a family. I'm trying to come to terms with that.

I've been looking into the corporate comm department for my company. Not what I planned, but better than where I am now

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not go after your dream now?  You can do that you know.  It is only too late after you have passed away.  Up until then, go after your dreams whatever they may be.   The children deserve to see a mommy who is happy and feels fulfilled so that they know it is ok to go after what they want in life.  Shoot start little like announcer at little league games or peewee foot ball games.   No it is not glamorous work but it is a start in right direction.

Mummy2Connor
by Karissa on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:11 AM

It's not too late to follow your dream!

If you're not taking care of yourself and your happieness, how can you for your famijly?

I think it's time to reevaluate what's going on in your life. Your family is important, yes, but so are you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:13 AM
I'm back on college. Even after I finish my degree in December, I won't be able to be gone like I would need to for my ultimate dream. I'm just having a pity party lately....
I feel guilty because Dh always wanted the family and white picket fence...

Quoting Reddawn75: I don't know but it sounds like you need to te evauleate your life and count your blessings. Life doesn't always go as planned.

Why can't you go back to collage and finish?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:14 AM
That's one of my favorite quotes :) I just feel trapped since I had dd

Quoting JustMeKat:

Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.  ~Les Brown

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:16 AM
I think I'm a lot like that. I love the kids. I make sure they are well taken care of, but I don't enjoy it.

I am back in school. I'll finish in December. I was a second semester senior when I reapplied !! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Not everyone finds motherhood fulfilling. I struggled for years with that feeling and oddly, I have become one of those women who sometimes misses her kid when he is at school- like today for example. He's 6 and I couldn't wait to see him. I swear I think I have lost my mind lol.

Seriously, though. Can you go back to school now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN