Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is it still supposed to hurt?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I had a c-section 8 months ago. I gained way to much weight and have started working out and doing yoga in the morning. But my incision area hurts and pinches a lot a few hours after. More than I thought it would from what I've been told from others. Doctor cleared me to do whatever at about 5 months. I had quite a few complications... Just wonderund if anyone else felt bad too?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Yes. Mine hurt for two years after having a c section, it tends to hurt more after I work out. But then I got preggo again and it feels like its stretching the scar tissue down there.
TheFairest
by Zombie on Jan. 25, 2014 at 4:49 PM
My hurt for two yrs and the area was numb
for over a year.
Angel89411
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 4:49 PM

It's the scar tissue, I believe. 4 years later and I have a scar that still does that every now and then. 

yankeefan828
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 4:49 PM

i dont know i think you should call the dr if it hurts. i have a vaginal birth with dd and i worked out after a week. if it doesnt feel right you should always call a dr.

heres a bump

PoisonEyeV
by _ on Jan. 25, 2014 at 4:50 PM

If I can remember I only felt pain/discomfort for the first 4-6 months. Never experienced pain after that/since.

Tiggeroo
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 4:50 PM

I had a csection nearly 8 years ago. (my oldest will be 8 in March). Mine didn't hurt too long afterwards, but it did pinch for a while. Try massaging your incision area, before and directly after working out. Use lotion or oil to try and relieve the pinching/burning feeling.

If it continues to persist, you can always call your Dr. and see what he/she thinks! Good Luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2014 at 4:50 PM
I feel a mixture of being punched and being cut. It's freaking annoying lol.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes. Mine hurt for two years after having a c section, it tends to hurt more after I work out. But then I got preggo again and it feels like its stretching the scar tissue down there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2014 at 4:51 PM
I also had complications and had a c section after pushing for five hours. The baby was stuck and they had to cut lower than normal and the scar is huge. My second c section was a breeze and that scar doesn't hurt near as bad as with my first. I'm preggo with my third but it hasn't even been a yr since my second c section. so I expect it to hurt.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes. Mine hurt for two years after having a c section, it tends to hurt more after I work out. But then I got preggo again and it feels like its stretching the scar tissue down there.
MissLoveLyfe
by ShellBell on Jan. 25, 2014 at 4:53 PM
I had one 9 months ago and it doesn't hurt, although it does feel numb. Everyone is different.
MrsErdos2011
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 4:53 PM
I would imagine so. I don't have any personal experience with it but I would imagine it a lot like having a torn muscle repaired then working it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)