Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you ever give up custody of your kids

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
To their father if they wanted that?
I am getting a divorce and I have to move so that I can work a decent paying job. I was awarded custody by the judge but neither of my two kids (ages 7 and 9) want to change schools or move to another house.
My exdh is a good father. I would only have the kids on some weekends though (they also stay at friend's on some weekends) , half holidays and half summers. I can go to any baseball, dance recital, music whatever.

Wwyd?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Thinking about it. I don't have the sanity to keep fighting a losing battle

Jstockwell126
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:00 PM

That's a hard decision! I say go with your gut and don't let anyone make you feel like you are making the wrong decision because you seem to be thinking it through and have to do what is best for your children.

Greenenvy
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:00 PM
If they would be healthy and well cared for and happy then yes. I feel they can choose who they want to live with assuming both parents are stable good parents. My kids will actually live with their dad from june 2015 through june 2016. I feel that father relationship and bond is just as important as their relationship with me.
ICUTROLLIN
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Absolutely not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:01 PM
I'm trying to get a house and find a job closer but there is nothing. I wish I djdnt have to move but I can't just be homeless or jobless

Quoting Anonymous: If it was better for them. They come first. But I would work my ass off to be able to give them what they wanted and get them back. Even if it meant renting a house near the ex to keep them in the same school and by daddy.
mommymonkey
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Never.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I would do what was in the best interest of my kids.  If it meant that they not change schools and stay with dad, then I would do it.

fitmama22
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

absolutely not. I would miss them so much I would explode...babies need their mommies, 7 and 9, they're still babies. I wouldn't be able to do that, I would take a lesser paying job and stay where they could be close to me and their fahter. Sometimes we have to sacrifice as parents, I would sacrifice my comfort and job preference over sacrificing my children<3

Good luck hun, I hope it works out well for you all xoxo

rjmac88
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:02 PM
If it was better for them then yes. It's one of the reasons we haven't moved. If we did it would mean giving up A LOT of my time with the girls
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:02 PM
3 moms liked this
If he was a good father and the children wanted it. I would think about it.

People seem to forget that fathers have just as much rights as mothers. If you think it's for the best do it.

I would try moving with them first and see how they liked it. If by the summer they still hated it I would let them go back
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN