Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

its so cold outside

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:17 PM
  • 16 Replies

i went out to brunch today with my mom and dss. we bundeled up of course. there was a family there and the boy was maybe 8 and wearing shorts, sandles and a sweater.  wtf. the parents were in jackets and pants.  if you are going to dress warm you cant let your kid dress warm. i dont care what kind of fight they put up you dress your child according to weather, its freezing, out. theres snow on the ground they are in sandles. wtf

by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:17 PM

BUMP!

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:18 PM

BUMP!

iamnameless
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Some parents just want their kids to learn on their own.

I think its stupid. I say get dressed in jean and a sweater and put on a coat and you better do it! What was the temperature?
l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:20 PM

its almost 30 degrees out

Quoting iamnameless: Some parents just want their kids to learn on their own.

I think its stupid. I say get dressed in jean and a sweater and put on a coat and you better do it! What was the temperature?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:22 PM

every kid/adult different. my 11 year old will run around in nothing but tshirt and shorts in cold weather sometimes too. I not going to force him to wear something warmer if he doesn't want to. if he is cold, he has warmer clothes he can put on. some people are just not as affected by cold weather as others are. what may be cold to one person, may be warm to somebody else. if its a really little child or a baby, sure fight them and force them to wear warmer clothes. but by 8 years old they old enough to know if they need warmer clothes or not.

FlutterbyMom3
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Well, he's old enough to understand it's cold. If it bothered him, he wouldn't have worn it.
Maybe the parents didn't want to fight about it. Maybe they wanted to show him how cold he'd be?
iamnameless
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:23 PM
Yeah the kid needed a coat and jeans. And if they were out to eat I assume the kid has a coat or they have money to buy him one.

Quoting l.a.m.b:

its almost 30 degrees out

Quoting iamnameless: Some parents just want their kids to learn on their own.

slb235
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Currently, it's 75° in Phoenix.  Such a perfect day!

floating in pool

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:24 PM

you suck lol

Quoting slb235:

Currently, it's 75° in Phoenix.  Such a perfect day!

floating in pool

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Sounds like an object lesson.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)