Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I laugh at young moms that say they had kids young so they can retire early...

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:50 PM
  • 113 Replies
4 moms liked this

I laugh hard too. Considering they are willling to raise the grandkids, support teen pregnancies, insist they will provide college until they are done even if it takes eight years. Just when and with what money do you plan to retire with? You will be too busy raising grandkids and spending your money on college.

by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mblessesd4x
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:51 PM
3 moms liked this
LOL! I always say I'm glad I had kids young so I had more energy, retirement is a new one. Dumbass kids.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I do plan to retire. My inlaws did not start too young, after the fil finished college then they got married had two boys. They work yet travel and take a lot of vacations. Im jealous, I really am...

Quoting Mblessesd4x: LOL! I always say I'm glad I had kids young so I had more energy, retirement is a new one. Dumbass kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:54 PM
3 moms liked this
Nobody on cafemom seems to save any money. Most are all excited about their tax refund so they can get caught up on bills.... They are fooling themselves if they think they are retiring.

Veggiemummy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I had my kids younger, not as a teen but in my twenties due to my ms and health reasons. I am financially stable as well as my so. Have a bachelors and plan to go on when they hit kindergarten. College funds already started. So in a way I do look forward to my forties but you can never predict that will be assured lol. If that's the reasoning it's a terrible one.
Lilith.23
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
:/ gaaah dammit!
*throws biscuit* you'll need it after the mob of teen moms come here like starving lions.
kit_manson
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:55 PM
2 moms liked this
You have some weird obsession with teen parents. Pretty much every other post you make is about it.
two4one
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Actually, I'm glad I didn't have them until 30. Gave me a lot if time to enjoy life childless. And besides, why retire early? You get penalized.  

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:56 PM

ya know I didnt really notice that but you are right LOL

Then they brag how their man makes 100,000 K a year or more and how they got all this money and how they didnt charge a thing for christmas, but like you said, yet they need their tax return to pay their bills... How ironic.

Unfortunately for us we always owe... Its ok though, we actually save our money LOL

Quoting Anonymous: Nobody on cafemom seems to save any money. Most are all excited about their tax refund so they can get caught up on bills.... They are fooling themselves if they think they are retiring.

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Former teen mom here. Retiring on money we made from our jobs.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Yeah, I don't get it.

I had my first at 25 (after establishing a career, which I stayed in).  My 2nd at 33 (still working).  When pregnant with my 3rd at 37, I became a sahm.  Had another kid at 38.  At 57, after 31 years of having minor children at home - I'm done.  Well - still paying for college for the younger 2, but done.

And now we have the freedom and money to do what we want.  And I'm very active, look and act younger than my age, very independent.  We encouraged all our kids to "go away" to college to become more indpendent - they've all settled in various places.  As soon as my husband is old enough to cash out his unvested stock (just a few more years) we're outta here.  Going to find some warm place to retire to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN