Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help please :(

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:47 AM
  • 11 Replies

I need help please, of the emotional kind. I've been married for the past year and 5 months. Things aren't horrid but they never were peachy. Depsite all the crap we've had I adore and love my husband and I am so happy to be having his baby. Problem is I don't think he feels the same. Our love life hasn't suffered but I feel like his just not there anymore. We moved into a granny cottage on someone's property and we have pretty pesky neighbours, one of whom was VERY friendly at first, til she started getting to familiar and calling me out on personal things in company (something I am dead against). I told her very politely where to get off and last week I started getting calls, being told my husband is screwing around and that I make him unhappy, this after her and I had an argument when I mentioned I'm looking for another place to stay cause we currently don't have enough room to swing a cat, let alone a baby. She took off with me and told me I'm going to make a horrid mother and I'm a shitty wife cause I never consider his needs. This made me think and I confronted DH about it and he said she has no idea what she's on about and that I should leave it. This past weekend she kinda threw it in my face how he still has conversations with her and when I spoke to him about it he told me flat out that he wouldn't side with anyone.

I feel horrificaly alone and I don't want to get my family involved cause seriously my mum and sisters will be that vindictive towards him that they won't allow him to see or be part of our baby's life. My blood pressure is very high too and I'm scared I'm doing more harm than good with my emotional state right now

by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:53 AM

He is cheating on you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2014 at 5:55 AM
Yup and probably with the peach of a neighbor

Quoting Anonymous:

He is cheating on you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 27, 2014 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this
He will not side with his pregnant wife who has done nothing wrong? Sounds like you're not his priority.
LishM15
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Hi ladies, thank you all for your responses.

I spoke to him last night and pretty much laid down the law, within a few minutes he had called her over to the space between both our places and told me he never understood what I meant when I explained it to him (about the calls and her being a beeeetch towards me) and he told her in front of me that he has been feeling uncomfortable regarding her behaviour lately and that she needs to back off. She then fessed up to getting her sister to call and harass me and we spoke to our landlords immediately and they said if we like they'll get us out of our lease if she doesn't move. My hubby apologised profusely for not listening and we spoke about how he feels about cheating as in his first marriage his ex wife had cheated on him and lied to him about being pregnant until he found out from her aunt. Its a story I know and I shouldn't of even 2nd guessed that he would do that especially now. I told him how I feel about the fact that his just not there anymore and he fessed up that he is genuinely concerned about how his going to provide for me and the baby as I'm the bigger income earner. I told him we'll make it work and he told me how he can't live without me and now importantly our baby. We agreed to start going for counselling and this morning on my way to work I recieved a message from the neighbour apologising cause our landlords spoke to her about her behaviour and she said she did it out of concern for my husband, to which I told her she shouldn't have any. Its a new day and a new beginning. I know his not cheating now so I feel like I can carry on like normal. So glad I have cyber friends so far away who care :)

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Your going to get a bunch of people telling you to change your font.

I would still be on guard with your husband and neighbor.

Quoting LishM15:

Hi ladies, thank you all for your responses.

I spoke to him last night and pretty much laid down the law, within a few minutes he had called her over to the space between both our places and told me he never understood what I meant when I explained it to him (about the calls and her being a beeeetch towards me) and he told her in front of me that he has been feeling uncomfortable regarding her behaviour lately and that she needs to back off. She then fessed up to getting her sister to call and harass me and we spoke to our landlords immediately and they said if we like they'll get us out of our lease if she doesn't move. My hubby apologised profusely for not listening and we spoke about how he feels about cheating as in his first marriage his ex wife had cheated on him and lied to him about being pregnant until he found out from her aunt. Its a story I know and I shouldn't of even 2nd guessed that he would do that especially now. I told him how I feel about the fact that his just not there anymore and he fessed up that he is genuinely concerned about how his going to provide for me and the baby as I'm the bigger income earner. I told him we'll make it work and he told me how he can't live without me and now importantly our baby. We agreed to start going for counselling and this morning on my way to work I recieved a message from the neighbour apologising cause our landlords spoke to her about her behaviour and she said she did it out of concern for my husband, to which I told her she shouldn't have any. Its a new day and a new beginning. I know his not cheating now so I feel like I can carry on like normal. So glad I have cyber friends so far away who care :)

NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:17 AM
Glad you guys resolved the issues and cleared the air. Crazy people shouldn't stick their noses in others buisiness.
NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:18 AM
The font is a little hard on the eyes:-)
LishM15
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:31 AM

I am sooooo sorry!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:38 AM
Leave
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:06 AM
Glad you two talked it out and hope the issue is in the past now. Congrats on the baby:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)