Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wish I could work less

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I'm at work right now. I'm an adminstrative assistant and I really only work the first week and the third week of each month. The other two weeks, I have nothing to do. I have asked for more duties and my boss says "enjoy the down time, get on facebook or something" 

Dude, really. Now he's right, when it's busy, it's REALLY busy.. but on days like today - I am bored out of my mind.

I have a 6 year old and a 3 month old.

I drop them off to the sitter at 6:15 AM. I drop my husband off at work at 6:40 and then I get to work at 7:00 AM.

I leave work at 3:30, pick my 6 year old up from school at 3:50, pick my DH up from work at 4:00 and pick up my 3 month old from the sitter at 4:20

By the time we get home it's 5:00 o'clock.

Sometimes we have errands to run. By the time I cook dinner, we eat dinner, do homework.. it's bedtime. They go to bed at 7:30, since they get up at 5:30.

I hate sitting here at work, when I could be spending time with my 3 month old, getting stuff done around the house.. making sure dinner is ready, the house is clean, errands are run etc. while DS6 is at school.

I miss my kids.

My DH cannot support us on his income alone. =(

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Talk tp your supervisor and/or do some type of flex time proposal. Where you come to work when it's busy but work from home or something on the slow days. I depose wasting time so I would feel the same way as you do.

I'm about to propose to cut 2 days a week off my schedule. I'm in school and have a family too so either they will work with me on flexible options or they will do without me. Their choice.
butterflies81
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:14 PM

I know how you feel. I wish I could stay at home too. I miss my kids as well and right now I am 15 weeks and I know its going to be so hard going back to work after this baby is born.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:20 PM

I missed work while I was home with the baby.. because I knew I was going to go back to a mess. My temp was horrible. My boss called me while I was in labor asking when I was coming back lol.

But my babysitter was telling me that he pulled himself to a sitting position today. I seriously lost it! I hate missing things and I hate that there is no fun time in the evenings.

I cannot wait for summer. I extend bedtimes in the summer, because DS6 will be able to go back to sleep at the sitters if he needs to

congrats on the little one!

Quoting butterflies81:

I know how you feel. I wish I could stay at home too. I miss my kids as well and right now I am 15 weeks and I know its going to be so hard going back to work after this baby is born.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:21 PM

He used to let me work from home 2 days a week, but then corporate came to town and they haven't left. It's been 6 months!! LOL. One of our other sites is screwing up.

We have a contract that states I have to be a full time employee. =(

Quoting Anonymous: Talk tp your supervisor and/or do some type of flex time proposal. Where you come to work when it's busy but work from home or something on the slow days. I depose wasting time so I would feel the same way as you do.

I'm about to propose to cut 2 days a week off my schedule. I'm in school and have a family too so either they will work with me on flexible options or they will do without me. Their choice.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Do you like being an admin assistant? I just applied for that position at a law firm. I've never done that position, but have a lot of the requirements from working other jobs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I LOVE the work, but I do mostly financial journals.

Quoting ColieO: Do you like being an admin assistant? I just applied for that position at a law firm. I've never done that position, but have a lot of the requirements from working other jobs.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:51 PM
This one seems to be more about organizing the lawyers calendar, HR, filing and proofreading and planning events for the firm. Not much finances beyond paying the bills for the guy lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ColieO: Do you like being an admin assistant? I just applied for that position at a law firm. I've never done that position, but have a lot of the requirements from working other jobs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:59 PM

I don't do any HR work, except some basic training ( HIPAA and Industry ).

I do financial journals for 8,000 employees. Fedex, UPS, USPS and presort mailings.

So when I'm busy, I'm really busy. However, I cannot just work on it in my downtime, because I have to wait for the invoices to come in before I can do chargebacks.

I write the procedures, susseccion plans and work flow charts.

However, that is only bi-annually.

I do our annual budget. Once a year lol.

I'm really bored

Quoting ColieO: This one seems to be more about organizing the lawyers calendar, HR, filing and proofreading and planning events for the firm. Not much finances beyond paying the bills for the guy lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:02 PM
That's a lot of employees haha. This place has like 15. I've been in sales and marketing for a few years now and have gotten screwed over one too many times and considering a total change.

Quoting Anonymous:

I do financial journals for 8,000 employees. Fedex, UPS, USPS and presort mailings.

So when I'm busy, I'm really busy. However, I cannot just work on it in my downtime, because I have to wait for the invoices to come in before I can do chargebacks.

I'm really bored

Quoting ColieO: This one seems to be more about organizing the lawyers calendar, HR, filing and proofreading and planning events for the firm. Not much finances beyond paying the bills for the guy lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:04 PM

I loved sales!! I started school for marketing, but decided to take the good paying job instead. LOL I also started school for Law Enforcement/Corrections. I guess I should learn to stick to something.

I've been here for 3 years. I like it enough, I just miss my kids.

Quoting ColieO: That's a lot of employees haha. This place has like 15. I've been in sales and marketing for a few years now and have gotten screwed over one too many times and considering a total change.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm really bored

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)