Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Guess who has returned?!? FINAL UPDATE with new PICTURES

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:18 PM
  • 887 Replies
2 moms liked this

BOB, except on the other side of my face.

It's already swelling to the bottom of my eye. I'm going to go to the doctor tomorrow. Lovely, just lovely.

Update 1:
I have an appt with my PCP tomorrow at 4:30. I'll let you know how it goes. I kind of hope he admits me bc the IV antibiotics worked really well and quickly. I'm just worried about how quickly it's spreading closer and closer to my sinuses. Plus, I feel like absolute SHIT like I have the flu. I don't have a fever, thank goodness. I just wanna sleep. Anyway. There are pictures throughout this post.

Update 2:
HOLY SHIT on how fast this bitch has spread in 7 hours. I have a before bed pic and a this morning pic, there is a huge difference. I can barely see out of my eye from the swelling!!! I really want 4:30 to get here quickly!! I won't go to the ED bc they'll send me home with Bactrim and Septra and I've been on those so much this past year, they're kinda a joke. Or they'll try and lance it, too. Sorry but no! No one is going at me with a scalpel on my face and me be conscious enough to know about it. I squirm too much during lancing that they'll fuck up my face!!

Update 3:

So, yeah....I'm home. I got a shot of Rocephen and a prescription of Percocet. He said if I get an unbreakable fever or it spreads to my CHIN he'll be admitting me! Lol, my chin. Lets not worry that the infection is progressing to my forehead and upper eye, and ear....lets chose the chin.

So, I figured this one was worthy of a female name since it was on the opposing side of Bob. I've decided to name her Gertrude.

Update 4:

Yep, my eye is swollen shut. If I try and open it, I can see very little but then my eye keeps watering too much to keep it open. ABSURD! Last time I checked, antibiotics were supposed to stop the spreading or do I have that wrong? Something is definitely going on in my body. I don't have a fever thankfully but I'm way more nauseated that I have been, I'm dizzy, I have a headache that won't go away. What is that from? Not sure, my theory is the swelling and pressure that's pushing on my sinuses or the infection in my sinuses. Plus, the pain has doubled. The swelling and pain, although hard to see in the lighting of the pics IS down to my jaw and the pain is about there it's just not red. This blows. Anyway, here is a picture of Gertrude and her rude self.

I just want to show you ladies a comparison of Bob and Gertrude. The top is Bob and obviously the bottom is Gertrude. Tell me WHY he would treat Bob so aggressively and not Gertrude. What sense does that even make? Gertrude makes Bob look like a little blackhead.

Update 5:

Alright, here's the deal. I have called my PCP back this morning about 9am after I'd been up for a while and was thinking maybe the swelling would go down a bit since I was up. I was wrong, it got worse. I called and he told the receptionist to tell me, "You can come in if you really feel it's necessary to get a shot of Rocephen. You don't need an appointment for that." That's it. I asked if he'd see me, they said no.

I'm not an avid ED goer because of what I'm going to school for. However, I'm at that point. I NEED to go. My mom is going to take me later on this evening when I have someone to watch DS and we'll go. She'll kind of be my advocate. I broke down sobbing. I literally cannot handle them lancing my face. I can't. I've had my labia lanced once before and then my ass and they had to lance that one twice because the original guy fucked up. My labia was the most painful expierence of my life and that was a smaller one. I cannot even imagine how this on my face right by my eye is going to be. They refuse to give any type of pain meds or sedative for it and as I've said before in other posts, it's very hard for me to numb up to Lidocaine and abscesses don't always numb up anyway because they can't get deep enough to numb it all the way. I don't think I can sit still long enough or relax my face long enough for them to cut me. I really don't.

I need IV antibiotics, there's no two ways around it. I'll take a PICC line and have to come in daily; this shit needs to stop! The Rocephen is NOT good for MRSA. I've had MRSA once and it presented less than this and I'm about certain this is, too.

I'm worried they're going to give me another pill antibiotic and call it a day. The problem with that is 1. I cannot hold Doxycycline down no matter when or how I take it. I've been nauseated with this abscess for days now and there is no way I'll be able to hold it down now. 2. I'm terribly allergic to Zyvox. 3. Bactrim and Septra don't do anything for me because I've taken it so many times in the last year because of all of my breakouts. Vanco is what I need. I did not have another abscess for almost 7 months after the Vanco I received.

I'm so stressed right now.

NEW UPDATE 01/30:

Sorry for the delay on updates, ladies. It's been a very eventful day some good, some very bad. I got up to my room about midnight and slept for a bit. I'm very groggy and in and out of it. I've been up and down since 4:30a when everyone kept coming in and out. No biggie. So far everyone has been WONDERFUL. They are taking this very seriously. Every doctor has been great, my nurses have been very sweet and understanding of my pain and have been on top of my medication, the CNA's have been professional but sweet, the Phlebotomists have been great. The people who placed the PICC were awesome, the EMT's in the ED were awesome. I have zero complaints right now. My doctor came in this morning and spoke with me. He's still pretty concerned even though I've made a LOT of progress. The swelling has actually bridged over to my other eye on the inside of my eye but no pain or redness. The Ophthalmologist came in to take a look at my eye and said everything with my eye looks good. They took me down to get my PICC line placed. This is where things got ugly. I had just gotten my Dilaudid because my surgeon wanted to get a culture and needed my abscess opened a little so I got that and was fine.

They placed the PICC very easily and quickly, although the damn thing is VERY sore tonight. On the way back to my room, my mouth and my tongue started to itch and my mouth got a lump on it and I felt like there was a lump in my throat. To make a long story short, I gave everyone a nice little scare. It turned out I was having an anaphylatic reaction to the PICC. Apparently it's not super common but once people get Ativan and/or Benedryl you can keep the line in without further problem. I got a lot of Benedryl so I've been in and out of it all day.

My surgeon has come in and said that he wants me to keep doing warm compresses and squeeze it myself a few times a day. He also have me on Mupirocin ointment to put on this three times a day and a medicine to go up my nose (not for MRSA) because the infection did get into my Ethmoid sinuses. I have no idea how they know this but that's what he said. They also cultured my nose to see if I'm a nare carrier for MRSA and I'm not, still.

I'm still waiting for the Infectious Disease doctor to come in. I'm feeling pretty lousy today but my fever is gone. I'm still nauseated but I have Zofran for that. They have me on Vancomycin two times a day, Zosyn three times a day, the ointment on my face, the nasal spray. Here are the updated pictures:

This was first thing this morning when I woke up.

This is the abscess as of about 20 minutes ago. It looks good from here but the side of my face is still rock hard up from my eyebrow to where the redness ends on my cheek. My face is still VERY swollen and painful all my entire orbit, my nose, the other crease of my other eye down to my jaw. The white stuff is the antibiotic ointment.

This is about 20 minutes ago. The lighting SUCKS but there is still a lot of redness on my upper eyelid but it's going away slowly.

This is my PICC line. It actually hurts right now but I'm not sure if it's supposed to or not.

FINAL UPDATE

I'm home. My face is looking almost completely healed. Sorry I've been "neglecting" this post but my face started itching super bad and so did the PICC line and I was clawing at myself so much that they decided to give me 50mg Bendaryl ever 6 hrs as needed. Do you know what 50mg Benardyl IV does to someone my size? KNOCKS ME THE FUCK OUT for 14 hours. Plus, I had my Dilaudid. So I've been in and out of it. So, I'm home and plan on getting back to normal. Thank you for all of the support.

Here is a picture from last night. The lighting everywhere is crappy. It looks a little worse than it does in these two last pictures. It looks more black and blue like I've bit hit in the face but I'll take it over how it did look :-)

This is tonight:

by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AustinsMommy007
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Do they have any idea why you keep getting these?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:19 PM
You've have the worst damn luck! I'm sorry. Hopefully this one goes away fast!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Quoting AustinsMommy007: Do they have any idea why you keep getting these?

Once you get a staph infection, it's real easy to continue getting it.

bcoll
by Brandi on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Sorry mama

AustinsMommy007
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:22 PM
No fun :-/

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AustinsMommy007: Do they have any idea why you keep getting these?

Once you get a staph infection, it's real easy to continue getting it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Wtf, go away bob!

Sorry hun :( I hope this one doesn't last too long
Mystic.Falls
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:22 PM

:(

That sucks

the_dude
by abides on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:23 PM

dude... i don't remember.. they tested for MRSA... did it end up being MRSA?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Oh shit....I'm sorry.

Nice_Dragon
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Lines up the ponies *

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you researched/got medical grade honey online?  Some people swear by it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)