Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my dd told of the nurse at the dentist

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

my dd had a dentist appointment on friday,they did an xray and found that her wisdom teeth are growing in already (shes 17). they asked if they were hurting her and she says "no but my gums are a little sore" and they set up an appointment to get them removed without even telling us. when they came in and said that i had to pay for the surgery before we left my dd says "why does my mom have to pay for something thats not even bugging me?" the nurse says "you said they were sore" my dd says "yeah,sore.not painful" the nurse says "well we still have to take them out of they are sore" and then my dd says this "do you pull a babies teeth if they are crying from teething?" nurse shakes her head and dd says "then why take them out of all they are doing is making me sore,its stupid" the nurse walked out of the room and took the surgery appointment off and we didnt have to pay anything

and all i can say is,good job dd lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Smart kid. You should be proud.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lovemymini: Smart kid. You should be proud.

oh i am lol it makes me see how she will be in the real world where im not going to be around(kinda)

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Well, she might have problems down the road from the teeth, so keep an eye on it.  Or maybe not.

At any rate, it is good that she is critically analyzing what she is told.  Not many do that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Quoting TranquilMind:

Well, she might have problems down the road from the teeth, so keep an eye on it.  Or maybe not.

At any rate, it is good that she is critically analyzing what she is told.  Not many do that. 

she has plenty of space in her mouth for them (from what the xray showed anyway) plus i told her if she starts feeling them come through she has to start using my water pick to make sure she cleans around the tooth coming in

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Smart young lady!!!! Sore is different than painful. Gums are sore when teeth come in. I have my wisdom teeth and they don't bother me at all.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Good for her! I hate unnecessary surgery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Good for her! They will try to talk her into getting them pull. I kept mine because I have enough room, every time I go to the dentist he tries to talk me into removing them.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:15 PM
I'm 33 with all my wisdom teeth. They get sore but it goes away. DH needs his cut. Ugh. He's got a massive cavity on the one.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:16 PM
I'd just have her keep an eye in her teeth. I had mine removed at 18 but my older sister never had to have hers removed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovemymini: Smart kid. You should be proud.

oh i am lol it makes me see how she will be in the real world where im not going to be around(kinda)

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:16 PM
Smart girl.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)