Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so f#&%ing p!ssed....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 132 Replies
I was adopted in 1984 as an infant in a closed adoption.. my parents (who are white) raised me to be a proud African American.

When I was 16 I met my bio mom who is Welsh and Irish. Green eyes, redish hair.

This morning (I'm 29) she finally told me about my bio father. Turns out he's Cuban and Puerto Rican.

I feel like a fraud:/ It pisses me off that she is just now telling me, and on top of that she's refusing to give me his name.

I'm so fucking pissed.

Is there any way I can unseal my records without her? How could I find him?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:34 AM
Bump for advice
oneangrymother
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this

You're loaded because of the heritage? Or because she just told you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:35 AM
1 mom liked this
So you're not African American at all? Baahaha I'm sorry that's fucking crazy
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:35 AM
Both. And that she's with holding info on my birth father.

Quoting oneangrymother:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:36 AM
Thanks.

Quoting Anonymous: So you're not African American at all? Baahaha I'm sorry that's fucking crazy
Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:37 AM

Do  you  know where she was living  when  she was dating him?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:38 AM

How to Find Biological Parents

How to Find Biological Parents thumbnail
Find Biological Parents

The search for biological parents is an emotional journey for all who are involved. A person might seek biological parents to find out genetic information, pin point ethnicity, for medical history or shear curiosity. Regardless of reason, learn how to find your biological parents.

Instructions

Understand that the search for biological parents is difficult emotionally, psychologically and possibly physically. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your adoption and the support you have from family and friends, locating biological parents is a challenge.

Find out the names of your biological parents. Locate your birth certificate to see if your biological parents are listed. Contact the hospital where you were born for any information they can offer. Speak with the adoption agency that handled your case. If the case worker is still there, she may be able to offer details of the adoption. Talk with your adoptive parents. If they are open to the idea of finding your biological parents, they can furnish information.

Contact the government at the local, state and federal levels. Ask for an original certificate of birth (before the adoptive parent names were added), the petition of adoption and the adoption decree. These documents could have the names of your biological parents.

Ask the adoption agency to give you non-identifying information about your biological parents that you can use to find them. Non-identifying information may include: medical history, ethnicity, religious background, education, professional life and physical attributes. This information, coupled with the names of your biological parents can narrow down the people who could be your parents.

Locate support groups for adoptees. People in your similar situation might have good tips for locating biological parents.

Search your state adoption registry. This searchable information might list the names of your biological parents and other relevant information. Add yourself to the list in case your biological parents are searching for you.

Related Searches

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_2092501_find-biological-parents.html#ixzz2rgFsanMO

Shy_Dia
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Sadly that's her right. She never had to meet you either. Sucks but true.

I'd personally find other ways to find my heritage- like dna testing or whatever. Maybe your mom has no idea who your real father is

Quoting Anonymous: Both. And that she's with holding info on my birth father.

Quoting oneangrymother:

ElevenEleven
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:39 AM
The only adoptions I've ever dealt with weren't personal/family(they were friends), so I'm not any help. Here's a bump
RadnRem
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 3:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I can imagine how that would make you feel like a fraud. Like you were stripped of a major aspect of yourself.....part of your identity

But your heritage doesn't make you who you are. And you aren't a fraud. You just haven't been informed.

What is it you would like to do with the info on your father?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)