Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Small edit You know your 3 year old has OCD when...

Posted by   + Show Post
He can't sit down at story time at daycare unless the bathroom light is off & door is shut!

He wakes up screaming at 5 am because his "blankie is broken" which means is not completely covering his bed evenly!

Once awake he can't go back to sleep until you fix his brothers pillow because the ninja turtles are facing the wrong way!

He has to close every door or gate that's open!

He needs a new napkin or baby wipe every time he wipes his hands!

He can't get even a drop of water on his clothes without needing to change them.

Washes his hands constantly with soap & water.

Puts things exactly in their place ALWAYS! Matches things by size & color!

No it's NOT autism :-). I am a nurse and I work with people with various cognitive hardships. He's extremely well at talking compaired to his peers. He can enjoy time outdoors digging in sand or mud! We live on the coast & he enjoys the beach & all the different sensory experiences there. He can count, sing, dance, climb, run etc. he's just overly particular about things.
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 6:02 AM
Replies (21-28):
TheFirstNoel
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel ya. My 4 year old DD has mild OCD and sometimes it can be a hassle! 

Mrs.CATWOMEN91
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:44 AM
We have the stationery Car thingy that makes noise and sings and has a door that opens and closes. Donte HAS to close it everytime lol if his hand is a little dirty when he still eating omg the world came to an end lol poor little guy lol
Mammacra
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:47 AM

Mobile Photo

He eats cake with his mouth! Lol! Notice the the piece off to the side he just dove into the rest of it after I was done cutting it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Don't you think it's a little early to be labeling your child with OCD?! Jesus...

My son has and HAD weird tendencies like that too, but he grew out of most of them.

It's like you're just creating the right environment for OCD to thrive or someothing. Or enabling it to become an ACTUAL problem.
ForeverLawst
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Is he a Virgo? 

LalaWiley
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:58 AM

My three year old is like that too. She is very schedule oriented and particular about things. She isn't s bad at daycare, but at home its a different story. I just chalk it up to her personality and try to keep things on a predictable schedule. 

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Hopefully you arent enabling him
Doing what he wants every time

My brother had this issue with his kid at the same age
He broke it by not giving in to him
Some of them, are just spoiled behavior of the "i wants".
Of you allow it, it will get worse
Its not cute

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:04 AM
I agree

Most children this age do the same things like this and parents are quick to label when all it is are quirks.
If they give in to them, they become the "i wants"

Some parents dont even realize its only the habits we are teaching them in a daily basis taking place
Joey put your stuff/toys away
Joey wash your hands
Joey how did you get that on your shirt
Joey joey joey

Quoting Anonymous: Don't you think it's a little early to be labeling your child with OCD?! Jesus...

My son has and HAD weird tendencies like that too, but he grew out of most of them.

It's like you're just creating the right environment for OCD to thrive or someothing. Or enabling it to become an ACTUAL problem.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)