Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Loving my first child more than my second.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 206 Replies
2 moms liked this
I am four months pregnant with my second child and I fear I won't love this baby as much as I love my ds. This baby was planned and all, but I don't feel happy nor am I sad. Pregnant with my ds I felt extremely happy I felt a connection with him right away I loved him like I have never loved before even though he wasn't in the world yet. I couldn't wait for him to come into this world, couldn't wait to hug him kiss him and never let him go.

Now don't get me wrong i know I will give this baby hugs and kisses and try to be the best mom I can be for both of my children I just don't know if I could have the SAME AMOUNT of love I have for ds have for the next one.
What I keep kicking myself for is because its not like this baby was an accident from a one nightstand or with an ex that I hate this baby was made out of love and now I starting to feel this way.

What the hell is wrong with me??!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:15 AM
3 moms liked this
Its normal to feel like that. When pregnant with my last, I hoped it would be a boy bc I didnt know if I could love another girl like I do my first. He was a boy so I was thrilled and I love them both so much, it'll come together at the end.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Spin off troll post. Lame.
lUcKyLoVe22
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:16 AM
I'm 33 weeks along with my second and still don't feel connected to him. He was planned too. I just feel like I won't love him as much as my first son. I somehow know that it will change when I see him though.
LadyFreeRider
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:16 AM
2 moms liked this
Probably just pre-birth jitters. After you have the baby and see him/her for the first time you will probably feel differently. Just make sure you talk to your Dr honestly about how you feel so that it doesn't turn into something more like depression. Hugs. It'll be OK.
Bee86lpn
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:16 AM
10 moms liked this
I was never excited when I was pregnant. Because being pregnant sucks.

I was always happy with the end result though :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:17 AM
4 moms liked this
Huh????

........ok

Quoting Anonymous: Spin off troll post. Lame.
hopeym23
by J3 on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:17 AM
4 moms liked this

Totally normal.  I felt the same thing.  It passes.  I love all 3 of my little monsters the same.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Totally normal. The first pregnancy was new, every tiny new step was an exciting adventure. This pregnancy is old hat, you've been there and done that lol. This new baby will come and your heart will make room, you'll love all of your kids.

lucille.bluth
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

It's hormones. The baby will come and you will love it just as much. 

Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol, hun... it will be FINE. And you absolutely WILL love your second baby just as much. I have 2 and there is no difference in the amount of love.

Your second child is no less your child than the first.

Also, I was never excited until I held my babies. Pregnancy alone does not do it for me. But once they're here, it's a whole different story.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)