Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I spanked my toddler and now

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
She hits me whenever she's upset. I feel so bad. All my family believes in spanking but obviously it has backfired.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Bump
polkaspots
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Sorry. Are you going to try for a different form of punishment? Time outs worked (and still work) for my dd. Ds has mini time outs in his bed when he's throwing a tantrum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:13 PM
2 moms liked this
Sure has. Sorry but I don't believe in spanking. You just reinforced that hitting is ok.

Get and read the book "1-2-3 Magic". The BEST book on discipline and it works. There is a website also.

Good luck!! This site is pro spanking. I'm definitely in the minority here but I did research before making my decision.
loveablej
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Try time outs.
hismommy2010
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM

We don't use spanking or hitting of any form. We use time out and taking away toys or play time for a few minutes ( one minute per year of age). and it works great.

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM
If it didn't work find something else that does. My daughter started spanking me back when she deems ive been naughty. I find it cute imo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Trying to decide if this is a troll post or not....

Hmmmm.....

Tough one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:17 PM

well, that's what you get

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:19 PM

My oldest required no spanking, my middle child requires it he doesn't give two shits if you take his stuff away or he sits into time, the baby seems like he is going to be a mix of both my oldest and youngest I will discipline him as it comes up and what works for him

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:20 PM
3 moms liked this

I've never seen a child start hitting as a result of getting an appropriately administered spanking.

The real problem is not with spanking in general, but with parents who hit their kids (on the rear or anywhere else) when the parents are frustrated, angry, annoyed, etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)