Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did my son do okay with this? *school related*

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM
  • 24 Replies

Okay so last week when my son got off the bus they said that he was really upset at school and if they had called me. I was like no.

Then I talk to my husband about it. He said the school nurse called and said my son said he forgot his medicine. So he explains that the medicine he didn't have was his vitamins he gets everyday. So the nurse is like oh okay. No need to pull him out of school My husband says no.

Do you think it's good he knows it's medicine?

He's 8 btw.

We are very careful to tell him it's medicine and not candy.

Thoughts?

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:33 PM
5 moms liked this

But it's not medicine. It's a vitamin. He should by that age know the difference.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:34 PM

what do you tell him the vitamin is for if he was that upset all day long about not taking it?

thats the part that seems strange to me

teaandcookies
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:35 PM

no, i dont.  they are vitamins not candy.  What happens if they had called cps?  or thought it was serious? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:35 PM
It's a vitamin not medicine. He was upset all day because you told him it was medicine. He's 8 and old enough to know the difference.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
It's nice he knows that it's not candy because it isn't but it also isn't medicine!! He needs to know the difference.

Quoting StarLight23:

Okay so last week when my son got off the bus they said that he was really upset at school and if they had called me. I was like no.

Then I talk to my husband about it. He said the school nurse called and said my son said he forgot his medicine. So he explains that the medicine he didn't have was his vitamins he gets everyday. So the nurse is like oh okay. No need to pull him out of school My husband says no.

He's 8 btw.

Thoughts?

StarLight23
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:37 PM

We tell him that it helps him and makes his body work better.

He was upset because it was part of his routine, and if that gets disrupted.. it is not pretty.

He has an autism diagnosis. They don't take change very well.. usually.

Quoting Anonymous:

what do you tell him the vitamin is for if he was that upset all day long about not taking it?

thats the part that seems strange to me

StarLight23
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I don't think they would have.

They usually talk to the parents first. If they thought it was serious they could have called his doctor or an emergency contact for more info.

Quoting teaandcookies:

no, i dont.  they are vitamins not candy.  What happens if they had called cps?  or thought it was serious? 

StarLight23
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM

That's the thing I thought about too. If the teacher heard that he didn't get his candy this morning..

well you and I would be thinking.. whoa.. is he a spoiled brat??

yk?

Quoting Anonymous: It's nice he knows that it's not candy because it isn't but it also isn't medicine!! He needs to know the difference.

Quoting StarLight23:

He's 8 btw.

Thoughts?

MamaCat1121
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:41 PM

you need to explain what it is he's taking.

He needs to understand what the vitamins do and what medicine does.

StarLight23
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:42 PM

We have told him those are vitamins. I suppose that we call it medicine more often.

Guess I need to change that. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

But it's not medicine. It's a vitamin. He should by that age know the difference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured