Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All these different body types **EDIT**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

I am having an issue.   SO and I are planning on having our wedding in the late summer very early fall of 2015 and my bridesmaids are spread out all over the place.
My maid of honor is like 2.5 hours away, another bridesmaid is 10 hours away and another is in Germany because she's in the military....I only have one that is close to me.

The issues that I'm having, are how in the hell do I get my bridesmaid, that's living over seas, fitted for a dress?
And the other issue is that these girls all have different body types....maid of honor is 5' 8" tall and relatively thin but with D cup breasts, another is 5' tall but with C cup breast implants and a little more on the muscular side, another is about 5' 7", average build, probably full B, modest C cup and the last one is average size on the top but is curvy in the thighs and butt.

I don't know what style of dress to do, that would work with all the different body types.

Help?

*EDIT*

So, I told SO that I picked out my bridesmaids and he said that he wishes I would have discussed it with him first because he wanted a female friend of his, to be a bridesmaid.
Okay, while I understand that he's been friends with her since Middle School, I have only met her once, when we were invited to play softball with a bunch of people and while there, she hardly said 2 sentences to me.

So, since I don't know her really at all, nor am I friends with her, I am not about to want her as a bridesmaid and SO is genuinely pissed at me for not allowing him to call and ask her to be one of my bridesmaids.
WTF?!  I'd just assume go to the damn court house if the bridal party selection is going to get him this pissed off.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LittleBlueOwl
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Do different dresses that suit each of their body types. Either make them the same color or colors that complement each other. I told my bridesmaids to pick their own dresses but I wanted this color and the same type of material. They ended up with the same dress but I wouldn't have cared if they were different
articmom
by IceQueen on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:20 PM
When I worked at a bridal store we skyped all the girls and had them agree on a dress , then they went and got measured and email us the measurements . When dresses arrived they were shipped to correct maid , and they had them altered .
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:22 PM
This. Same color/material looks lovely

Quoting LittleBlueOwl: Do different dresses that suit each of their body types. Either make them the same color or colors that complement each other. I told my bridesmaids to pick their own dresses but I wanted this color and the same type of material. They ended up with the same dress but I wouldn't have cared if they were different
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:23 PM
I was in a wedding once and the bride picked strapless. It was awful. I wear a 32f. I don't do strapless lol
notabosley
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:28 PM
This is what I would do.

Quoting LittleBlueOwl: Do different dresses that suit each of their body types. Either make them the same color or colors that complement each other. I told my bridesmaids to pick their own dresses but I wanted this color and the same type of material. They ended up with the same dress but I wouldn't have cared if they were different
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:31 PM

A-line wrap/faux wrap dresses look good on just about every women, no matter the size or shape. Haltars and vnecks are also almost universally complimentary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:58 PM

That's a really good idea.   I'd just be concerned that I wouldn't like the dresses, I guess.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:00 PM

This is what I don't want to do because I don't have big boobs, a curvy butt and I'm average height, so I don't want to pick something that they're either swimming in or busting out of. lol

Quoting svolkov: I was in a wedding once and the bride picked strapless. It was awful. I wear a 32f. I don't do strapless lol

LittleBlueOwl
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Trust me when the day gets here you won't care what they are wearing. And it's better if they are comfortable in what they wear.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's a really good idea.   I'd just be concerned that I wouldn't like the dresses, I guess.

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

The bridal party is YOUR selection. His is the GROOMSMEN. He can have her be one of his grooms"men" if he is that gung ho about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)