Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Made up a little white lie to get out of something you rather not do?

My very good friend is turning 30 next week, he is a twin so they are throwing a party, I don't really like his twin and the type of people that will be there isn't really my type. Me and SO made an excuse not to go to the party saying a family thing is that day. But I told him we would go see him this weekend with some wine and his gift instead.

I feel bad, but I just know I will dread going and I wouldn't enjoy it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Yes but not for something like that. I would go and have a blast. I don't let people I don't care for stop me from having fun. I would go and make sure my good friend knows I love them enough to not care about who else is going.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:45 PM

I do it all the time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Its not being I don't care, obviously if I didn't care then I wouldn't have offered to go over this weekend to celebrate.

I just know myself and having to drive 45 minutes out of town to a location where I know I won't enjoy myself as much as if it was me him his gf and my SO... well I am going to make an excuse or tell the truth (most cases 9 out of 10 its the truth)

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Yes but not for something like that. I would go and have a blast. I don't let people I don't care for stop me from having fun. I would go and make sure my good friend knows I love them enough to not care about who else is going.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Its not being I don't care, obviously if I didn't care then I wouldn't have offered to go over this weekend to celebrate.

I just know myself and having to drive 45 minutes out of town to a location where I know I won't enjoy myself as much as if it was me him his gf and my SO... well I am going to make an excuse or tell the truth (most cases 9 out of 10 its the truth)

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Hun I wasn't callin you out. I was just answering honestly what I would do. You have to do whats best for you.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)