Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Common things that people don't know.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I Love my husband with all my heart but I still can't believe the common things he doesn't know.  Here are a few of them February normally only has 28 days, what is a leap year, you pay interest on loan and credit cards, heck anything to do with loans or credit cards, how a debit card works, why you put money in your savings and checking and not just in your checking, that when you go to a job interview to dress nice, how to fill out an application 

So what are some common things that people don't but should know that amaze you??

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Replies (641-649):
RobinBright
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:13 PM
...can he count? Even if he doesn't know off the top of his head, why can't he tick the months off on his fingers and arrive at June = 6?

Quoting polkaspots: He doesn't know June is six. He knows when they are, but can't fill it out on a form unless he writes out the months.

Quoting RobinBright:

Wait, what?  Your husband doesn't know what order the months go in?  And he doesn't know your childrens' birthdays, or your birthday?  

Quoting polkaspots: My husband doesn't know those things either. He can't fill out forms with my birthdate, or one of the kids because he gets the months wrong. Fortunately he can usually bring those home for me to do. He knows his birthday and two of the kids since he's November and they're December, but does not know mine or ds (June and February)

Quoting crzy4mc: My husband doesn't know the order of month or what month Xmas; bday; Easter falls on.

leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Las Vegas in NM, scared the shit out of me. Driving through NM first time in the middle of the night, thought I was in Nebada.

Quoting TheDrsRose:

Las Vegas,NM :P

Quoting suzanneyea:

Like Miami, OH

Quoting TheDrsRose:

I live in WA and most people outside of here don't know that there is two WA's. :/

I also live next to a town called Moscow,ID. That ones fun for screwing with people not from here.. lol

Quoting suzanneyea:

I live in Quebec and no one here seems to know the difference between Washington state and Washington, D.C.

polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Yes he can count, but he gets the order of the months wrong.

Quoting RobinBright: ...can he count? Even if he doesn't know off the top of his head, why can't he tick the months off on his fingers and arrive at June = 6?

Quoting polkaspots: He doesn't know June is six. He knows when they are, but can't fill it out on a form unless he writes out the months.

Quoting RobinBright:

Wait, what?  Your husband doesn't know what order the months go in?  And he doesn't know your childrens' birthdays, or your birthday?  

Quoting polkaspots: My husband doesn't know those things either. He can't fill out forms with my birthdate, or one of the kids because he gets the months wrong. Fortunately he can usually bring those home for me to do. He knows his birthday and two of the kids since he's November and they're December, but does not know mine or ds (June and February)

Quoting crzy4mc: My husband doesn't know the order of month or what month Xmas; bday; Easter falls on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crzy4mc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:06 PM
I'm as baffled as you are. He's very smart with the not so important stuff in science such as black holes and etc. I've even tried sitting down with him and going over it but its something he cant seem to grasp. :/

Quoting Anonymous: What? How? Kids learn that in Kindergarten! He doesn't know that Christmas is in December every year? Easter is different, it's either in March or April, but still! How can an adult not know the order of the months?

crzy4mc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Same with my husband polka! He will ask me "what number is March?" Lol.

Quoting polkaspots: Yes he can count, but he gets the order of the months wrong.

Quoting RobinBright: ...can he count? Even if he doesn't know off the top of his head, why can't he tick the months off on his fingers and arrive at June = 6?

Quoting RobinBright:

StarLight23
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Nope we don't. The only automated calls I get are when my son's lunch account is below a certain amount.

I think there's a 'phone tree' for the employees and stuff.. but not for the students and parents.

Growing up we always knew about school closings through the news. Now I get it online :)

That's cool your school district has that.

Quoting Lisp714: Your school district doesn't have an automated phone call?

Quoting StarLight23:

Oh yeah. That you can know about school closings without having cable. Yeah I found out on the district's website and the local news channel website.

True story. Happened to me last week.

Lisp714
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Ya, same when I was growing up, we watched the news channel(:
Now it's a phone call either the evening before or like yesterday, a 4:45 a.m. wake up call lol(:

Quoting StarLight23:

Nope we don't. The only automated calls I get are when my son's lunch account is below a certain amount.

I think there's a 'phone tree' for the employees and stuff.. but not for the students and parents.

Growing up we always knew about school closings through the news. Now I get it online :)

That's cool your school district has that.

Quoting Lisp714: Your school district doesn't have an automated phone call?

Quoting StarLight23:

Oh yeah. That you can know about school closings without having cable. Yeah I found out on the district's website and the local news channel website.

True story. Happened to me last week.

Rachael-Dawn
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Lol I corrected it yesterday. Got a new mobile phone so I am having to get used to this auto correct.

Quoting Anonymous: An "ewe" is a female sheep..

And "eww" Is a sound of distaste, or in this case, dislike.

Quoting Rachael-Dawn: Ewe lol

Quoting Queenme101: A person comes into contact with sperm on surfaces multiple times a day in public.

This is important shit right here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 101 on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Oh, wow. How old is your husband? I thought all of the things you listed were common knowledge, lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN