Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband told me he wishes I'd lose weight

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 232 Replies

I was skinny when we met- 5'4'' and 115 lbs. I didn't gain that much weight in pregnancy, probably like 30 pounds. It was when I started being a SAHM and the kids were older that I started gaining weight. Right now, my boys are 6 and 4 and I homeschool. I eat what they eat, so obviously not great. Right now I weigh 180. 

My husband started working out on his lunch hour and has dropped 20 pounds and is getting fit and muscular. It had been one of my New Years Resolutions to lose weight and we were talking about resolutions. He asked if I was still sticking to the weight loss one and I said I hadn't been. He said he wishes I would take it more seriously. 

I just said "oh" and left the room and cried. I feel like shit and I wish he hadn't said that to me. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:07 PM
25 moms liked this
Why do you feed your kids crap? Make healthy foods for all of you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzanneyea
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I am sure that hurt a lot. I am sorry.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Why don't the 2 of you work out and follow a diet plan together?

Erna2
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:08 PM

That's what I was thinking.....

Quoting Miller0305: Why do you feed your kids crap? Make healthy foods for all of you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:08 PM
14 moms liked this

He has a right to be concerned- your BMI makes you obese, and at risk for every obesity related illness. He also wasn't mean about it.

What do you mean you "eat what they eat"? You prepare what they eat! Make eating healthy a priority for the entire family. 

If you homeschool, find a homeschool group or class you can enroll them in a few times a week for an hour or so while you go work out.

There are solutions and you can do it! 

WillowRayne
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:09 PM
3 moms liked this
You should be feeding you and your children healthy. What does homeschooling have to do with not feeding them well?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:10 PM

I don't feed them "crap", just stuff that kids eat. I won't make them eat like rabbits just because I have a weight issue. 

Quoting Miller0305: Why do you feed your kids crap? Make healthy foods for all of you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I'm really sorry. That must have been so hurtful. I would have cried too.

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Wishing you'd take your weight and health more seriously isn't mean. I can understand it hurting, but that means you know you need to lose weight too. I've got 10-15 lbs to lose and I'm having trouble motivating, good luck:)
ShoeStrings
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:11 PM
6 moms liked this

You really can't blame him. Sounds like he just wants you to be healthier and stick to the plan. It would be easier on both of you if you were doing it together. Men don't always think before they speak and don't realize how sensitive this subject can be. Tell him he hurt your feelings and if you want to lose weight, try and make a plan WITH him that you all can do together. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN