Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

STFU!!! If I hear another SAHM say...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 878 Replies
73 moms liked this

... her job is any more difficult than being a WM, I am going to flip my lid! lol!

This is not a WM vs. SAHM post. What what I see is a lot of bickering from the SAHM side of things and it does nothing but piss WM's off!

SAHM's, you do realize that WM's have to deal with ALL of the same stuff, but we basically have half the time to squeeze it all in? Everything you do, WM's do too.  We just have less time to do it. Now THAT is difficult.

If the demands of your job stress you out, then I suggest looking to the person who set those expectations for you? Could it be YOU??? More than likely, yes. So, put yourself in a WM's shoes... a woman who not only sets expectations for herself but also has expectations put upon her by her boss as well. And guess what happens if those delegated tasks aren't completed while on the clock? Some of us WM's actually bring that work home with us to complete after the kids go to bed, while we do a load of laundry, all while trying to clean up the dinner mess that's been sitting in the kitchen for 3 hours because we didn't have time to scrape and wash before  we helped or kids with homework, got them bathed, read them book and put them to bed.

Volunteering? PTA? Yep! We find time for that too. Maybe we don't volunteer IN the classroom... rather we help the teacher/committee out with tasks that can be done from our home on the evenings or weekends.

We rearrange our schedules to attend IEP meetings, parent teacher conferences, school functions... because if we don't we are bound to be looked down up on by school staff and classified as parents who don't give a shit.

Breaks? Nope. We don't get those either. Because when we leave one job, we are headed to the next.

Again, I am not saying that your job isn't difficult. But when you play martyr by claiming you "do it all" and claim WM's don't understand and are "lucky" because they get a break... take a moment and give a little bit of consideration to who your audience is.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzanneyea
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:10 PM
17 moms liked this

I am a sahm because I could never handle all the stress that working moms juggle every day. Working moms do five times more than me as. A stay at home mom.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Amen. And I'm a housewife.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:11 PM
91 moms liked this
Jesus lady, take a deep breath.

I've done both and I honestly think staying at home is harder. It's not busier and there's technically less going on....but it's definitely harder on me.

It's not a competition, though. Chill out.
skittleshawk
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:11 PM
11 moms liked this
I'm a sahm and my job is much harder than a working moms
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:11 PM
11 moms liked this

I've worn both shoes, it's all an individual basis type of thing. For me? I can't fucking wait to go back to work next fall, I don't care what anyone else thinks of that lol.

Lilith.23
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:12 PM
6 moms liked this
Yet you made it a full WW3 sahm.vs.wm rant
Anyhow i get your point.
Now I'm just going to watch it....*explode*
supermama322
by Kaylee on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:12 PM
2 moms liked this
so..you're saying it's harder to be a working mom right?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:12 PM
14 moms liked this
Its not a versus post you say... but you made it one
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:13 PM
5 moms liked this
I am a wm and being a sahm was harder.
TheFirstNoel
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:13 PM

I'm a working mom and I love my job. I also love my kid. I can't do everything I'd like to do and maybe I don't get to spend as much time with her as I'd like, but it's nice to read things like this :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)