Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

STFU!!! If I hear another SAHM say...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

... her job is any more difficult than being a WM, I am going to flip my lid! lol!

This is not a WM vs. SAHM post. What what I see is a lot of bickering from the SAHM side of things and it does nothing but piss WM's off!

SAHM's, you do realize that WM's have to deal with ALL of the same stuff, but we basically have half the time to squeeze it all in? Everything you do, WM's do too.  We just have less time to do it. Now THAT is difficult.

If the demands of your job stress you out, then I suggest looking to the person who set those expectations for you? Could it be YOU??? More than likely, yes. So, put yourself in a WM's shoes... a woman who not only sets expectations for herself but also has expectations put upon her by her boss as well. And guess what happens if those delegated tasks aren't completed while on the clock? Some of us WM's actually bring that work home with us to complete after the kids go to bed, while we do a load of laundry, all while trying to clean up the dinner mess that's been sitting in the kitchen for 3 hours because we didn't have time to scrape and wash before  we helped or kids with homework, got them bathed, read them book and put them to bed.

Volunteering? PTA? Yep! We find time for that too. Maybe we don't volunteer IN the classroom... rather we help the teacher/committee out with tasks that can be done from our home on the evenings or weekends.

We rearrange our schedules to attend IEP meetings, parent teacher conferences, school functions... because if we don't we are bound to be looked down up on by school staff and classified as parents who don't give a shit.

Breaks? Nope. We don't get those either. Because when we leave one job, we are headed to the next.

Again, I am not saying that your job isn't difficult. But when you play martyr by claiming you "do it all" and claim WM's don't understand and are "lucky" because they get a break... take a moment and give a little bit of consideration to who your audience is.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Replies (871-878):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I have done both. I am trying to get your point. I don't being a mom is hard period. I don't give a damn what you do it is the hardest job you will ever have. I applaud all moms.

LukeWarmwater
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:05 PM

lol i work at home doing childcare...once my work day is done i still have mine here, and my house is demolished!
I found working outside the home easier than this, and easier than being a sahm.  My house stayed tidy. 

mylifemylove864
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Why does it matter? Every family is different. Everyone had challenges. Do what makes you happy. I am home for now and it makes me happy.

Only women would feel like they needed to compete over whose life is harder. Why not compete over whose life is better and more full of love?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I've been both a working mom and a stay at home mom. I'd rather be a working mom. My job as a SAHM is harder for me.

MommyKir
by Kay on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:13 PM

And these posts piss SAHM's off. Either way working or home its not the same and everyone feel differently. Some people find it harder to work too, some people find it harder to just stay home, I personally after doing it both ways find it easier working since there are not people in the house ALL day making messes. That had created twice as much to clean for me. But someone else in the same boat may not feel the same way. Every person is different and handles situations differently. It is not harder one way or another as a set line, Though it is per person. BUt no one can just say oh we have it harder then you do. Because it is not true for everyone. Alot of this bickering between people would be solved if we just started our opinions with "For me personally I find it harder to work." OR "For me personally I found it harder to stay home" That way your not putting the other party down, since it just isn't the same for everyone.

berlgirl1224
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:26 PM
I work part time , 4 nights a week, including EVERY Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It SUCKS. These are the best times to be with my babies. They are home from school, they are the most loving because they aren't stressed from school, and they are home, which means I miss time with them. It pisses me off that I miss that time with them.
But I work at a restaurant that is owned by my SIL's father. My twin SILs work there, my other SIL works there, and a ton of other ppl I know work there. It is in itself, it's own little family. If I got a job somewhere else, there would be new rules, a new menu, new hours, and new ppl, so I deal with it.

As for what I do at home? EVERYTHING I DID AS A SAHM before I got this job 10 months ago. So for me, being a working mom is harder, because I am a working mom and a stay at home mom. I cook, clean, do the laundry, I still do field trips and volunteer at school during the day. I also make and go to all the kids' and my own appts. I schedule other things for around the house like any deliveries or things that need to be done. I do the yard work, maintenance on my vehicle, and I work 30 hours a week, on my feet, non stop with arthritis at the age of 29.
Oh, and this includes waking up a bed wetter in the middle of the night, every night to pee, getting up with pukers if I have one and staying up all night with them because daddy has to work early in the am, so he can't do it. I take car of animal accidents too.
I do it all and more. It's called being a mother. All of our jobs are hard. Suck it up
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:26 PM
No, working moms do not do "everything a Sahm does". Working moms don't have their kids to take care of all day, someone else is doing it (not bashing that, just pointing out it's something a Sahm does that a wohm does not). They and their children are out of the house for several hours a day, meaning it's not getting messed up. When you walk in your door after work the house looks the same as when you left it that morning. Do you know what my house would look like if I did nothing to it from 7am to 5pm?? A wohm cleans her home of course, but there's a lot less to clean. A wohm takes care of her children, of course, but a Sahm spends many more hours doing so.

While you are busy at work, we are busy at home (or away from it). When you come home, you come to your second job as you say, and we continue into overtime on ours.

I'm not trying to say Sahm is harder. I'm pointing out that a wohm does NOT do everything a Sahm does plus their job. The two simply have different jobs during the day (or whatever hours you work) and a very similar job the other hours.
3gr8tKids
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:29 PM

LOL yes.. it is ridiculous to say that. They sound ridiculous saying it. I think its obvious who they are trying to convince.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)