Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you let them go?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I woke up this morning to an email from my ex husband asking if he could take our kids to Jamaica. Him and his fiance want to get married there in 2015. He is asking now because the kids will need passports. The kids are 9 and 7. Part of me says no no no. I dont want my babies that far away. Part of me says do it because I might want to take them out of the country some day

Wwyd?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
baquick
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 7:57 AM
I think I would. That's an amazing trip to go on. I had the opportunity several years ago to go but I couldn't get the time off work.

Will they have someone you both trust to keep an eye on the kids while they do honeymoon stuff? Like if they want to go to dinner or whatever? I would be more inclined to say yes if I knew they had another person there to help out. (Just so they can get some quality time as newlyweds)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous: And....go read articles on how children, ESPECIALLY when it's the ex disappear in Jamaica, Brazil, Haiti.
What was meant to be a happy vacay turns up 20 years later still no news.
No thank you, I'd go with my kids.

This guy has an American passport. Unless he is filthy rich how the hell would he support his family overseas?

Sure kids disappear-when the ex has ties to another country (and especially in the mid east).

It is a deal more difficult for the non-wealthy non natives to disappear the kids.

Yeah great idea-go to your ex husbands wedding.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Geez he would never do that.

Quoting Anonymous: And....go read articles on how children, ESPECIALLY when it's the ex disappear in Jamaica, Brazil, Haiti.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2014 at 7:59 AM
Yes they will be there with his sister and mother. I trust them 100 percent.

Quoting baquick: I think I would. That's an amazing trip to go on. I had the opportunity several years ago to go but I couldn't get the time off work.

Will they have someone you both trust to keep an eye on the kids while they do honeymoon stuff? Like if they want to go to dinner or whatever? I would be more inclined to say yes if I knew they had another person there to help out. (Just so they can get some quality time as newlyweds)
Jscott1216
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:00 AM
This. As long as you know they are responsible, and they aren't just going to drop them with the first babysitter they see. Let them go. I'd bet they'll love it and have fun and be happy for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not? As long as i knew his fiance and knew hed take care of the kids id let them.

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I would let them go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:01 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Geez he would never do that.

I wonder why there was no link to ALL of those cases.  Yes it happens-but only when the Father is FROM another country. Hard for an American citizen to get a work visa and to function overseas with no right to work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Yes they will be there with his sister and mother. I trust them 100 percent.

Quoting baquick: I think I would. That's an amazing trip to go on. I had the opportunity several years ago to go but I couldn't get the time off work.

So Dad Grandma  and an aunt. Sounds goo to me!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:03 AM
They wont. Believe it or not my ex is a great dad.

Quoting Jscott1216: This. As long as you know they are responsible, and they aren't just going to drop them with the first babysitter they see. Let them go. I'd bet they'll love it and have fun and be happy for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not? As long as i knew his fiance and knew hed take care of the kids id let them.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:04 AM
I would let them go :-) it sounds like you have a lot of people you trust to keep an eye on them and they will have a blast!

I would have my passport ready to go JIC. I always keep my passport current even though I haven't been out of the country since 2003 lol.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes they will be there with his sister and mother. I trust them 100 percent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)