Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you let them go?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I woke up this morning to an email from my ex husband asking if he could take our kids to Jamaica. Him and his fiance want to get married there in 2015. He is asking now because the kids will need passports. The kids are 9 and 7. Part of me says no no no. I dont want my babies that far away. Part of me says do it because I might want to take them out of the country some day

Wwyd?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Yes I would. I would never keep them from a fun vacation or from seeing their dad get married.
LaDulceVida
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Yea, id give the oldest one a cellphone so I have access to them at all times.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:06 AM
Just go with them.
baquick
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh for Petes sake. Not every father who wants to travel with his kids are deadbeats who are running. Smh.

Quoting Anonymous: And....go read articles on how children, ESPECIALLY when it's the ex disappear in Jamaica, Brazil, Haiti.
What was meant to be a happy vacay turns up 20 years later still no news.
No thank you, I'd go with my kids.
Sparkler16
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:06 AM
Of course I would let them go. They are his kids too and should be there for an important day in his life. Also why should they miss out in a amazing vacation?
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:07 AM

I think it's a great opportunity for them and if they want to go, I'd definitely let them. You seem to be confortable with the people that would be there, so I don't see why not. I'd be jealous! =)

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:08 AM
I am a smother mother. I would let them go, but I would go also. I would take a separate plane. Stay at a separate hotel and DH can pick them up for the wedding and return them to you. Or, I would attend the wedding.
Sparkler16
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Exactly! Some men are actually good fathers...GASP! The funny thing is that the very women who say they wouldn't let their kids go would be on cm writing a post bitching if they wanted to take their kids somewhere and the father said no for the same reason....

Quoting baquick: Oh for Peres sake. Not every father who wants to travel with his kids are deadbeats who are running. Smh.

Quoting Anonymous: And....go read articles on how children, ESPECIALLY when it's the ex disappear in Jamaica, Brazil, Haiti.

Jscott1216
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:09 AM
I'm sorry I didn't mean to make it sound as if he wasn't. My husband is as well. But it's very rare you hear about good dads on here. Most women say their ex's are dbags. Lol good father/ex's are like unicorns on here. Rare! Haha sounds like you really trust him and his family. I know it would be hard to have them gone that far but they'll love it, try planning something special for you all to do when they get back just you girls. :-)

Quoting Anonymous: They wont. Believe it or not my ex is a great dad.

Quoting Jscott1216: This. As long as you know they are responsible, and they aren't just going to drop them with the first babysitter they see. Let them go. I'd bet they'll love it and have fun and be happy for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not? As long as i knew his fiance and knew hed take care of the kids id let them.

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:09 AM

In all of those cases, the parent has ties to wherever they disappear from. Assuming this guy is an American citizen with the majority (or all) of his family in the U.S., you're really reaching.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)