Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you let them go?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I woke up this morning to an email from my ex husband asking if he could take our kids to Jamaica. Him and his fiance want to get married there in 2015. He is asking now because the kids will need passports. The kids are 9 and 7. Part of me says no no no. I dont want my babies that far away. Part of me says do it because I might want to take them out of the country some day

Wwyd?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:23 AM
Oh I know ill let them go. Its just my babies will be far away.

Quoting Anonymous: Jamaica is awesome! At 8 and 10, they will love it. My little ones did when we took them and they were a bit younger than yours. Mine still talk about going back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Pathetic.

Quoting jjames1990: Not to another country, actually on a plane, without me. My ex knew that when we divorced, there were going to be limits to his involvement. It is just how I am, wont apologize for it. The kids are adults, they survived.

Quoting Anonymous: Wow so no vacation time with his kids? Ridiculous.

Quoting jjames1990: I am a smother mother. I would let them go, but I would go also. I would take a separate plane. Stay at a separate hotel and DH can pick them up for the wedding and return them to you. Or, I would attend the wedding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:25 AM
That is kind of sad.

Quoting jjames1990: Not to another country, actually on a plane, without me. My ex knew that when we divorced, there were going to be limits to his involvement. It is just how I am, wont apologize for it. The kids are adults, they survived.

Quoting Anonymous: Wow so no vacation time with his kids? Ridiculous.

Quoting jjames1990: I am a smother mother. I would let them go, but I would go also. I would take a separate plane. Stay at a separate hotel and DH can pick them up for the wedding and return them to you. Or, I would attend the wedding.
woodswalker
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Yes, I would let them.   They will be 8 and 10.   I think it's great that your ex and his fiance want to include them in their plans.   I would probably just ask that he bring a laptop or ipod that the kids could skype you on at least once a day so you can see them. 

kappalopokis
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Yes I would let them go, because it is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Way to be creepy and unhelpful! Ew. I'm sure it'll be fine. That's ridiculous. 

Quoting Anonymous: And....go read articles on how children, ESPECIALLY when it's the ex disappear in Jamaica, Brazil, Haiti.
What was meant to be a happy vacay turns up 20 years later still no news.
No thank you, I'd go with my kids.

Sandiekd21
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:29 AM

I would let them go at that age (not now, my kids are only 3 and 5), but I trust XH almost implicitly when it comes to our children.

Mashnut3161
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Let them go. They should be able to experience it with their father. That and unless you absolutely know you can't trust him. Then why not. They shoul go

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have to go with them. Sorry, but that's just not something I could handle. I've raised mine mostly on my own, and I will flip out on the exhole if he forgets to text me when they get back to his house (4 hours away).

woodswalker
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Just go with them.

Oh, please.   She doesnt belong on her ex's wedding vacation!   He and his fiance should be allowed to have the kids with them as long as she trusts him not to kidnap them and stay there and as long as she doesnt get creepy vibes from the fiance.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)