Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you cringe when you see kids riding in the front seat of a vehicle?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 248 Replies

Picking up my own kids at school, I always see others climbing into the front seats. Where do yours sit?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pregnantmama105
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:02 AM
Where I live there is no booster seat law. So I've seen it a lot.
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Sometimes in the back, sometimes in the front.
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

My girls sit in boosters in the middle of my van..my niece sits in my front seat when she gets in as she is as tall as I am  and is 11 years old. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:08 AM
They sit in the middle two seats. The dog rides shotgun. My oldest often rides in the front of my husband's car when he drops them off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:08 AM
2 moms liked this

MY 11 year old is 5 feet tall and weighs 95 pounds.  He sits in the front.  Are you saying an Adult who is 5 feet tall and weighs 95 pounds shouldn't sit inthe frint?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:10 AM

I see it too in the pickup line every day.

My DDs are 3 and 5 and they sit in the back.  In my state it's recommended no children in the front until age 13, but at my 5 year old's school (they go up to grade 5) I see kids much younger than 13 getting in the front seats every day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:10 AM
Once parked to wait for the bus my 7 year old climbs up front with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:10 AM
6 moms liked this
It's not about age or weight or height but about bone density if the airbag was to deploy. A child's bones may not be firm enough to protect them from internal injuries in the event of a crash.

Quoting Anonymous:

MY 11 year old is 5 feet tall and weighs 95 pounds.  He sits in the front.  Are you saying an Adult who is 5 feet tall and weighs 95 pounds shouldn't sit inthe frint?

mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:11 AM
5 moms liked this
No. I also don't see that much. I don't pay that much attention to other people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:12 AM
3 moms liked this
Most cars are now equipped with weight sensors in the passenger seat that turn off the airbag.

Quoting awesomemommy2: It's not about age or weight or height but about bone density if the airbag was to deploy. A child's bones may not be firm enough to protect them from internal injuries in the event of a crash.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured