Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you cringe when you see kids riding in the front seat of a vehicle?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Picking up my own kids at school, I always see others climbing into the front seats. Where do yours sit?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Replies (241-247):
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Yeah, about that. To me, letting a child who throws up in the back ride in the front instead sounds an awful lot like common sense.

Quoting Anonymous: There are plenty things that's are not safe for a child that are not illegal.... Common sense

Quoting Sister_Someone:

He hates riding in the back. In fact, he hates riding, period, but he says riding in the back specifically makes him nauseous. 

I hate riding in the back, and I'd never choose it if I had an option. Such as an empty shotgun seat. Making him do something I wouldn't do would make me a hypocrite. I don't do hypocrite. It's not illegal, therefore he can ride wherever the hell he wishes to.

If you disagree, you're more than free to come kiss my careless ass, see what I think about that.

Quoting Anonymous: I know. God forbid we do what's best for them. Oh and btw, some cars have the switch, not most.

Regardless it is careless parenting. They are safest in the back.

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Y'know what most cars also have now? The on/off switch for the airbag. I'm not making my child sit in the back seat in an empty car when I hate the back seat myself.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes I do! It is incredibly irresponsible even if it isn't a law. Most cars have front air bags now- are we not thinking about what that can do?

I have hit an air bag- at only 30 mules per hour, if could break a child's neck.

pregnantmama105
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:36 AM

SK Canada

Quoting Harlot:

Where do you live?

Quoting pregnantmama105: Where I live there is no booster seat law. So I've seen it a lot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:46 AM
I though kids werent allowed in the front sear till they are 12. Mine ride in their carseats in the back seat of my car.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Lol. Yes, being concerned about car safety and going around smothering babies with pillows totally goes hand in hand. Obviously by worrying about the safety of your child I must also be a baby killer. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go buy some more pillows. 

Quoting Anonymous:

No, but if you get in a crash, will he survive the airbag punching him in the face? They don't put the sticker about no kids under 12 in the front seat on your car for shits and giggles. Short adult drivers have to disable the airbag for safety. Did you disable the passenger airbag for your son?

Quoting Anonymous:

My 8 year old always rides in the front- to and from school.

Should he be in a rear facing car seat? lol

You know what- all these "moms" that tell me that something will happen to my kids because of the way we let them ride in vehicles can kiss my ass! I have raised perfectly healthy happy kids- forward facing before a year old, 3-8 riding in the front seats,  etc. Hell when most of us were growing up we did good to even have a seat belt on. What about all the people that only have a front seat? You are probably the same kind of parent that believes it is ok to kill a baby. SMH- get your panties out of a bunch and go police someone else!

LadyVoldemort
by Pastafarian on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Yes I cringe
1stpreggers
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:24 PM
It's not something I ever see or I just don't pay attention.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Lol. Yes, being concerned about car safety and going around smothering babies with pillows totally goes hand in hand. Obviously by worrying about the safety of your child I must also be a baby killer. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go buy some more pillows.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, but if you get in a crash, will he survive the airbag punching him in the face? They don't put the sticker about no kids under 12 in the front seat on your car for shits and giggles. Short adult drivers have to disable the airbag for safety. Did you disable the passenger airbag for your son?

Quoting Anonymous:

My 8 year old always rides in the front- to and from school.

Should he be in a rear facing car seat? lol

You know what- all these "moms" that tell me that something will happen to my kids because of the way we let them ride in vehicles can kiss my ass! I have raised perfectly healthy happy kids- forward facing before a year old, 3-8 riding in the front seats, etc. Hell when most of us were growing up we did good to even have a seat belt on. What about all the people that only have a front seat? You are probably the same kind of parent that believes it is ok to kill a baby. SMH- get your panties out of a bunch and go police someone else!

I was talking about Abortion- but you don't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed to get that:) Omg I did put them on their bellies at a month old....maybe that is what you could be refering to? Each parent has their own way of doing things. I get sick of all the negativity on a mother website. There are so many sad, lonely, judgemental heifers- hiding behind a computer and telling everyone what they are doing wrong. Go play with your kids and don't worry about mine:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured