Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ex Husband lets our 8yr old girl drive his car.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

He lets her pull it in and out of the garage or park it somewhere in the driveway, then he sends me a video to piss me off. He says I can't do anything about it because it's on his private property.

He is NOT in the car with her to grab the wheel or hit the brake if something happens, I didn't even stop to think if she could reach the pedals, but she is getting tall. How do I go about stopping this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Well since you have the video, you can take him to court to have his visitation more limited or supervised.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah he screwed himself

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Well since you have the video, you can take him to court to have his visitation more limited or supervised.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Yep.

Quoting Anonymous: Yeah he screwed himself

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Well since you have the video, you can take him to court to have his visitation more limited or supervised.
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:28 AM
I agree it's wrong but I was allowed to move the cars as a kid but I doubt I was as young as 8.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Yah that was dumb on his part.. And to record it?! wow.
EmeraldBirdie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Oh dear...he should atleast be in the car with her.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Well, you can use the video against him in court. 

He is being reckless and negligent.

You can also take it to the police and make a report. It's illegal, whether it's on his private property or not.

I would be going to the police and making a report every single time he sent me a video or picture.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

this.

I'm sure a judge will see at as it is, endangering a child. She could accidently push on the gas and drive into traffic. Seriously, wth is he thinking?

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Where I'm from,farm kids are driving tractors and feed trucks close to that age. My son is 11 and is an excellent driver.
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:35 PM
That's normal for kids who live on a farm. I was driving a tractor by the time I was 8
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)