Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ex husband died last night.UPDATE*new*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 92 Replies
1 mom liked this
I got a fb message from his mom(nice huh?) that he overdosed last night. We have two boys together, 7 & 9. We divorced 6 years ago because he started using drugs. I cut contact from the kids and him when he started using, so they only remember how he was before. He was a great dad before drugs and that's they only way they knew him. I've sat down a few years ago and explained why they couldn't see him and they understood.
I haven't told them he died.... I just don't know how..

I told them, they took it so much better than I thought they would. I am not handling it so well. I never imagined id feel this way. I know, I did the right thing for my kids by leaving him when the drugs started, i don't regret that at all. It's just..... I can't help but remember the good times of our marriage, what if I would have done more to help him instead of running?.....

The funeral is Tuesday, the boys want to go so we are going. I've just got all kind of mixed emotions about everything though...

UPDATE; we are home from the funeral. The boys did better than expected, and even went up to the front to play guitar with grandpa. Ex was very musically talented and much a part of his life. I didn't do so great. I am really having a hard time with all of this and have no one to talk to about it. Dh doesn't understand at all and has been a dick about everything. Seeing my ex in his coffin made me break down. And honestly its hard to remember the hard times he put me through, i only seem to remember how awesome he was before....
Never thought it would be this hard.....
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow. I do not envy you. Best of luck handling this one. I have zero advice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Thanks, I'll need it

Quoting suzanneyea:

Wow. I do not envy you. Best of luck handling this one. I have zero advice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:25 AM

I'm so sorry.  My bio-dad died when I was 12. 

MotherLady
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Just sit down and be honest. The boys will be upset, but may need to handle it their own way.

Sorry :(.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Just tell them. Offer to take then to his funeral.
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Poor babies. Good luck. Maybe family counseling to help you all . Im sorry for your loss :(
whohottawit3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Good luck
EmeraldBirdie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:27 AM

There is no easy way to tell them.I'm so sorry. I will be sending positive energy your way.

hugs

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:27 AM
This. I'm so sorry

Quoting mommy_me: Poor babies. Good luck. Maybe family counseling to help you all . Im sorry for your loss :(
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:28 AM

I am so very sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)