Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BMs are making my life hell.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 155 Replies

I've met the most amazing man! He's sweet, funny, and a great dad. We haven't been together for a long time, but I already know I want to marry him and have a family with him. The only problem is his exes.

SO has been married twice, and both of his exes are making my life hell. They won't let me be involved with the kids, the exclude me from attending events, they treat me like an annoying stranger, and they are affecting my relationship with SO. They also encourage their kids to act like little brats towards me.

How can I make them understand that I'm here to stay and I'm going to be involved? They aren't going to scare me off, so they better start learning to treat me nicer. How did other SMs make BM take them seriously?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:22 AM
2 moms liked this

There is no way to let these women know that their childish games will not be noticed, except for ignoring them and talking to your boy friend. Tell HIM how his kids are treating you and that it hurts when he doesn't invite you to events...

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:22 AM
22 moms liked this
Oh good lord! You may want to question why your SO has TWO ex-wives and kids with both.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:24 AM
16 moms liked this

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:25 AM
7 moms liked this
Run like the GD wind!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sbellemommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:25 AM
3 moms liked this
He can make it clear to them by making you his wife. Although after 2 they still might take it seriously since he obviously doesn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:27 AM
4 moms liked this

Not their job to make your life easier.  They know from experience their ex doesn't take relationships too seriously and you will be in and out of their kids lives so no need to worry about you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:28 AM

He was really young when BM1 got pregnant. They weren't married long.

He was married to BM2 for five years. They divorced in Oct, but it was a mutual decision.

Quoting AnHpuresugar: Oh good lord! You may want to question why your SO has TWO ex-wives and kids with both.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:30 AM
6 moms liked this
He sounds like a mess. I wouldn't waste my time. 2 ex wives and kids with both. SMH. He's the common denominator. I'd leave that alone.
Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I would say more time needs to pass to see you're not just the flavor of the week.

And honestly two failed marriages is a red flag!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

hit me back when you are his wife and not his so!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)