Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What lies have you told your friends when they announced their engagements?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 12:51 PM
  • 85 Replies

We're looking for real examples of "lies you've told to friends about their engagements and what you really thought" for possible inclusion for a roundup on The Stir.   

So if you've ever said, "What a beautiful setting!" instead of, "I can barely see your tiny diamond," or "Wow, that was fast -- how romantic!" instead of "You barely know him!"  

We want to hear about it!

So, what little lies have you told YOUR friends when they said they're engaged?

by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol none really. I have a bad habit of being overly blunt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Bump
SwitchbladeMama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 12:56 PM
5 moms liked this

I've said "Wow, congrats."

When I was really thinking... "Uhm, didn't you just get married 6 months ago... and now you're marrying the best man? Well, at least I know now why you kept blowing me off every time I told you I was interested in him."

bethpelle
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:02 PM
3 moms liked this
You guys are perfect for eachother.

Total lie, they were like peanut butter and ketchup.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:04 PM
I'm blunt. Everyone I know knows that.
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Congratulations! (In my head I am thinking "It's about time after you have been living together off and on for two years" "That's...different." (In reference to the tiny green diamond ring, yes I said GREEN diamond, not emerald". BTW, these are both about the same person. It's hard to get excited when she was acting so nonchalant about it and the engagement was about on the same level of excitement as a grocery list.
Ray-of-Beezy
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:12 PM
I'm pretty blunt with those who are close to me. I've "liked" a lot of (what I feel are) ugly rings on FB. I didn't actually like the ring, I've just liked that people were happy to be engaged.
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so glad your happy!

I thought who she was marrying was a complete cheating douchebag loser. She didn't believe about the cheating, thought my DH was lying and I was dramatic.  She already had 2 kids with the douche and they'd been together for 7 yrs. I'd already told her about what I'd seen so at this point the only thing I could say was happy your happy. Really I was thinking run, bitch, run! 

FlutterbyMom3
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:14 PM
My niece got engaged to a shithead. All I could say was congrats. What I wanted to say was, are you high?
omm76002
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Dido my bff got married. She was 18, I was 19. I got married with I was 17 and regretted it so much. I was the maid of honor. And pretty much did everything for her because she worked so much. But I told her not to get married. She was too young and needed to live first. She told her husband and he flipped out on me for "saying his marriage was doomed". Ugh anyways fast forward a bit their getting a divorce because neither were ready to get married. Oh well I told her....

Quoting hautemama83: Lol none really. I have a bad habit of being overly blunt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)