Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When is the bar scene done and over?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

I was never one to head into bars and if I did, I went for a drink or two with a friend after work, once in a while, but twice weekly at age 33? When is the bar scene outdated? 

My fiancĂ©e basically was raised by a bar whore. His sister works at one and literally he would go every other day to one (where a majority of his "friends" are from) well his one friend is single asked him to go to the bar, usually asks once a week, while I'm fine with it, this week I'm tired of it. I'm like we have a home why can't your "friends" enjoy their selves here while I head out with the kids or something. His friend said no. I don't get it. I told his friend, he's going on 34, it's time to grow up. He's like oh he's pussy whipped. I'm like he isn't it's called why spend money out when we have beer here. We have food here and you can invite whoever. This dude is single, no kids and doesn't get it. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crescentstar2
by Anne on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:44 PM
I've never been a bar person. DH either
The.Last.Rebel
AllieKat and I have our vaginas glued together
Yesterday at 7:50 PM
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Idk my parents never went to the bar. They'd party at home.

I've been twice and they were honky tonk type bars.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:47 PM
It is fun every once in a whole but I think it is a slippery slope with a single friend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:47 PM

for me...when I turned legal drinking age.

Chibee
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I used to meet my brother at our local tavern literally everyday after work (before kids, dh, etc).    What a waste of money when I look back on it.   DH and I love brew pubs and will have a date night once or twice a month and have dinner and then a couple drinks, but def not every week.....and we never go alone.

jfd397
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:48 PM
My SO has a friend who's the same age who does that. He even tried to get me to go, big negative I was 8 months pregnant at the time. I don't mind going to the bar every now and then, but I defiantly see your point.
Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:49 PM
I was done at 25. Now if we go out we go to jazz clubs.
Proud-mama-05
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:50 PM
I've never been into that kinda thing...I've never been much of a drinker since I legally became old enough to do so lol.
Fulgent.Drinker
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:50 PM

That was over about a week after I was legal to drink. I simply didn't enjoy it, nor see the point.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:51 PM
I like to go to bars sometimes but only if I have a ride. I refuse to drink and drive unlike everyone else I know. I'm 28.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)