Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Apparently I only know cheap people wanting s*** for free...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We invited 26 people to my dd 4 birthday party. We had it at Old Mcdonalds Farm so it was $208 for us to pay for everyone to get in to celebrate with us. We supplied food, drinks and a day of fun for their little ones for free. Nobody, and I mean nobody, except me & dh bought her a gift. I invited 2 different people who I knew wouldn't be able to get her anything so that's not a biggie. I don't want to sound greedy or anything but I feel like they just used us to get a free trip and day of fun for their kids. I feel like they could have at least told me before hand they couldn't/wouldn't be bringing anything. Needless to say none of them will invited to anything we do from now on.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:44 AM

A childs birthday party, like a shower of any kind is a gift giving occasion. Get a coloring book, get something from the dollar store. Re-gift a little used toy. SOMETHING!

Hell give the kid cash! Who cares something!

stacy8606
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:48 AM
I always bring a present for the birthday kid!
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:53 AM
That's pretty sad. We've NEVER shown up to a party empty handed.
auntyag
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:06 AM
I always bring a gift. Its just rude not to
PeppermintyTea
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:50 PM
I'm sorry. I'm sure in that situation it feels differently than I think it would just picturing it.

Quoting Anonymous: That was my main concern until we left. I just feel like they all used us.

Quoting Anonymous: I always bring a gift to a birthday party, but I don't mind other people not bringing gifts to our parties. I just want my kids to have a good time, we buy them enough stuff as it is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Celebrating the birth of my child. At the same time though if I'm spending $10 for you, you're man and all of your kids to come then you can at least buy my child a $1 birthday card.

Quoting Anonymous:

And this is why I fucking hate kids' birthday parties. 

Are you celebrating the birth of your child or plugging for gifts? 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Who in the world would honestly handed to a child's birthday party?
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:06 PM

That is in very poor taste! People should always bring a gift.

Howardx5
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:08 PM
I've always taken gifts to a bday bit isn't it more about the kids having fun? I wouldn't be upset if no one bought my kid anything as long as they had fun on their day
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Gifts don't matter to us, the girls love seeing the family. But yeah, I wouldn't show up to a child's birthday party without a gift, that's rude.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)