Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i picked a girl up off the street last night.....wwyd?*update*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

it was raining last night when i was driving home from my youngests dance class,my oldest was in the car with us and as we were stopped at a stop light he told me to pull over. he got out of the car and ran across the street to a girl sitting on a bench,my ds brought her back to the car and sat her in the back seat. he texted me that she was his science class partner,i turned around and asked if i could take her somewhere,she just shook her head no.....so i brought her home with me. when we got to the house i asked if i could call anyone to come get her,she said no, asked her about her parents and she said her mom was probably in their garage getting high and her dad beat her because she dropped a glass on the floor. i then asked for her house number so i could at least call and let them know that she was here,she gave it to me,then i told her to go take a shower so she could warm up. no one answered the phone,so i left a message,10 pm came around and no one called or came for her so i made her a bed on the couch and  washed her clothes.........she and my ds walked to school this morning but idk what to do now......shes 18 in 2 weeks,i feel horrible for her.

what would you do?

*update* i went to the school this morning to see what the councilor had to say. and he told me what i already knew,nothing will happen in the 2 weeks before she turns 18, so its best to either keep her with us or i can call a halfway house. my dh agreed last night that she would be better with us,so shes going to stay here until shes on her feet(or at least graduates) the councilor made a "report" on it just in case her parents finally realize shes gone. the councilor also mentioned that she has never been into trouble at school and is eligible for a volunteer program.he gave me a paper of all the volunteer places to take home for her. i also talked with her to see if she wanted to go to her house to get her things and she said no she doesnt want to go anywhere near her house.so im going to order some things for her that she might like.

looks like i have another child,which i dont mind she was helping dd with her homework last night and helped me with dinner,AND she actually smiled

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Replies (231-238):
kimbob2284
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

You are a wonderful person.  She is very lucky to have found you. I think you will have a profound impact on her life, even if she is only with you for 2 weeks. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:58 PM

What a wonderful thing to have done!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:04 PM
It's an awesome thing you're doing. Every time I have opened my home to someone it turned out bad. I hope she is grateful for your help!
blue-heart
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:06 PM
So glad you have her. I would still call the cops, they can arrest her dad for assault.
askmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Good for you and your son for helping her. Poor girl.
solen
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:14 PM

I would do the same thing you are doing, and bless you for being there for her.

cox3
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:34 PM
If I could help I would. I think it's great what you are doing. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Just wanted to say that you are an AMAZING person for taking her in like that. Not a lot of people would do that these days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)