Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wow. you ignore the peanut ban at school?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 207 Replies
I just read a post about a kid with a peanut allergy. Onw mom replied and said her kids school has banned peanuts because of one kids allergy, a kid that is in her kids class but she ignores it. She sends her kid with whatever lunch she wants.
What do you think about that? Is that right? What should she do? If the school found that out, how should it be handled?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Bump
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:25 PM
My son's preschool is peanut free and I respect the rules.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imthatgirl0607
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:25 PM
And you believed her? Dont be so gullible ....this is the internet.
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm not sure how it should be handled, but I just hope her child doesn't have to watch their classmate suffer a reaction because of her selfishness.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

i wouldnt listen either

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:26 PM
2 moms liked this
My school has a special table for kids to eat pb at. They have the lunch ladies make sure all kids with pb wash hands before leaving the nut area. Why don't more schools just do it like that?
Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
As a mom with a kid with a peanut allergy, I'm just going to stay quiet on this topic. My opinion is NOT a popular one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Uh, I've heard MANY people on here say that. They justify it with stupid excuses like "my kid will ONLY eat peanut butter and nothing else." So instead of being a PARENT, they let their children dictate everything, and put another child in danger in th process.

Quoting imthatgirl0607: And you believed her? Dont be so gullible ....this is the internet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:28 PM
5 moms liked this

No I wouldn't.. My child's sandwich isn't worth some other child's life and I think it's very sad that people think that it should.  And, at our peanut free school..they take the lunch and won't let the kid eat it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:28 PM
Yes. I asked her why and she said because she thinks the whole thing is blown out of proportion. She doesn't believe it

Quoting imthatgirl0607: And you believed her? Dont be so gullible ....this is the internet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured