Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you still be friends with her?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
One of my close friends is sleeping with someone who's in a relationship with someone else. I know she's been through a lot with her husband leaving her but she just doesn't listen when I tell her she's selling herself out. I've found myself lately just not even wanting to be her friend, because of the choices she's made. I just feel judgemental, but I'm also disgusted by her lately. What would you do. I also know the guys girlfriend she's a bitch but it doesn't mean she deserves it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2014 at 5:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 5:25 AM
3 moms liked this
Yeah, I don't see why not. As long as she's not sleeping with your man, it shouldn't be affecting you. Her choices will catch up to her soon enough and she will need your shoulder to cry on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2014 at 5:27 AM
Um, good question. I guess really you just have to look at this whole situation as it affects (or doesn't affect) you.

You're not involved with either one so you'll have a lot of people tell you to mind your own business. But obviously it offends your morals and if it's just something you can't be around, then don't be around her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 30, 2014 at 5:27 AM
When my friends have cheated on their boyfriends I have distanced myself. I haven't know anyone to cheat on their spouse. I had one friend who was with one guy and NEVER said anything good about him. Well my dh became friends with him , not close but friends. She cheated on him with another guy and became pregnant. Then she left him for this other guy and eventually married him. It isn't that I judge people because you don't know what is happening it isn't your relationship. I distance myself more because the whole birds of a feather flock together type thing. I don't want to be associated with that behavior. It isn't something I would do myself.
MelissaBabeh14
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 5:29 AM
Its really none of your buisness.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2014 at 5:39 AM
She's constantly crying to me about how he's too busy spending time with his kids and his gf so she's made it my business. I guess I just don't want to be associated with her or hear her cry about it. She's almost 30 she should know better.

Quoting MelissaBabeh14: Its really none of your buisness.
SylviaNCali
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 5:41 AM

Depends on how close I was to her. If she was a good friend I would just tell her how I feel and not support her choices but I'd be her friend if we were super close still because I believe it's good to be loyal to people who are good to you. Now if she made a pattern of sleeping with mane that were with someone else I'd question her character some. I'd tell her it better not be a pattern or we surely can't be friend.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 30, 2014 at 5:48 AM
1 mom liked this

A friend of mine cheated on her husband for a while. I told her when she got her life together to contact me but I couldn't support that kind of behavior even if her DH was a royal asshole. They didn't have kids there was nothing keeping her in her marriage I didn't see why she had to cheat instead of just ending it all and being with who she wanted. 

She knocked if off a few months later she contacted me and it took a while but we slowly connected again. She's like my sister and has been since we were 10. But she understands that I couldn't support behavior like that. 

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 5:49 AM
Who she's sleeping with is her business.

I wouldn't agree.. But I'm sure her fast in men isn't what attracted me to a friendship with her in the first place.. So I don't see why I would no longer want to be her friend over it.
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't choose my friends based on whom they sleep with. Well, unless they're sleeping with my husband, in which case, neither of them deserves me.

To put it simply, yes, I would still be friends with her. 

katemckenzie
by Kate on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:01 AM
Nope. She can call me when she stops being a selfish, homewrecking bitch. And he has kids? Even worse. I can't be friends with someone who disregards a child's emotions like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN