Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you still be friends with her?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
One of my close friends is sleeping with someone who's in a relationship with someone else. I know she's been through a lot with her husband leaving her but she just doesn't listen when I tell her she's selling herself out. I've found myself lately just not even wanting to be her friend, because of the choices she's made. I just feel judgemental, but I'm also disgusted by her lately. What would you do. I also know the guys girlfriend she's a bitch but it doesn't mean she deserves it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2014 at 5:22 AM
Replies (31-36):
LizzieAnnesMom
by โ˜†Mrs.Winchesterโ˜† on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:22 AM
No i couldnt
.lovemybebes.
by :) on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Play the world's smallest violin for her.
mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I would still be her friend, but let her know tht I want no part of this.  No hearing about it....no talking about it.....It's her private life--so keep it private.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:30 AM

If she's that good of a friend, sit her down and have a heart to heart.  Call her out on sleeping with another woman's man, and how she should have more respect for herself.

boricua3177
by Monica on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:39 AM

OP, I wouldn't stop being her friend all together but I would give her some tough love.  I would tell her that you don't want to hear her gripe about this guy because she knowingly got involved with a taken man.  Being the option instead of the priority comes with that territory.  Once you give her the tough love talk if she calls you to gripe about him, politely end the conversation & get off the phone.  Your friend will get the message soon enough.

However, some friendships do run their course.  So if you feel you are going in a totally different direction & no longer have anything in common with her....then maybe it is time to let the friendship go. 

Quoting Anonymous: She's constantly crying to me about how he's too busy spending time with his kids and his gf so she's made it my business. I guess I just don't want to be associated with her or hear her cry about it. She's almost 30 she should know better.

Quoting MelissaBabeh14: Its really none of your buisness.

michelle623
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:57 PM

This

Quoting katemckenzie: Nope. She can call me when she stops being a selfish, homewrecking bitch. And he has kids? Even worse. I can't be friends with someone who disregards a child's emotions like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN