Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No sleep!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

Pissed off cause I have my first day of work tomorrow after five years of being a sahm and I can't f'ing sleep.
First off my kids refused to go to sleep. One excuse after another I chased them back to bed from 8 to 10. The little brats.
Then my self involved inconsiderate ass of a husband decides to stay up all night making all kinds of racket. And using not one but TWO bright as fuck computer screens in our bedroom.
I finally tell him off at 1 am and he finally came to bed.
I fell asleep then but I'm a very light sleeper and the wind keeps rattling our windows like a burglar breaking in and it woke me several times.
Now 4 am I have a huge headache but no painkillers. And my daughter is coughing every two seconds which has me worried cause shes not getting a good nights sleep and she's been in trouble at school lately. She's in PreK.
I have to get up in an hour and a half now. I've only got about three hours sleep. FML
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2014 at 5:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 30, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Sorry

I  hope your day is good. You probably aren't sleeping because you are a tad nervous.....kwim

Fulgent.Drinker
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 5:56 AM

Yes, I agree with Sassafrass, it's nerves. Today's going to be hard, well honestly, it's going to be a total bitch......but if you can manage to stay awake till around 7pm, you'll sleep all night tonight and kick yourself back into a good sleep schedule.

Good luck Mama and congratulations on the new job. 

klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:00 AM
1 mom liked this
that sucks. here is a helpful tip to help your dd with coughing...put vicks vapor rub on the bottom of her feet and put socks on her. i know it sounds weird but it has worked for my ds every time. good luck today.
kiwiskiwi29
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:01 AM

I'm sorry. I've been up since 2 am and so have only gotten 4 hours of sleep. Both my kids are sick and I have to get up in a couple of hours and taken to the doctor. I know this is going to be one shitty ass day for me. I hate not sleeping!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:26 AM
THanks girls. I needed to rant a bit. I just napped a bit on the sofa and woke up with a migraine aura if you can believe it. Ran to Walgreens for some painkillers. I usually sleep migraines off. But there's no way I can do that today. I hope I don't get sick on my first day. Ugh!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured