Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my bf wants me to move in...but im not ready

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
His room mate is moving out. He can't afford the rent on his own...he's been wanting me to move in for a while now but I myself am not financially ready...I have my son to think about...I know eventually ill have to move out of my parents home. But for right now they don't even want me moving out either, I know they are right when they say I have to finish college after I graduate get a job and from therr maybe start looking into moving, I love my bf but he's becoming very impatient and I'm scared to lose him, but I only do whats best for me and my little boy.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:44 AM
I feel like I have read this word for word before on here.

Dont move in for financial reason. Its a bad idea. Let him get another roommate, think about yourself and your future. If he doesn't wait for you to be ready, there are always other guys out there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:45 AM
My son's dad is the reason why I'm behind... he doesn't do much to help either... single motherhood is a real struggle, and that is why I'm so grateful for my parents who are helping get back on my feet...
MeaganP
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:47 AM
2 moms liked this
If he is the one he will wait. If not let him go

Do not choose him over what is right for u
mommy2zbg
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:48 AM

do what's best for you and your son. if he doesn't like the decision you made, then dump him. You don't need someone as selfish as him.

preemiemom45
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:48 AM
Obviously don't move in with him. Explain your reasons (college, your son, lack of job, etc). When you tell him it's not best for your son, he should understand based on that alone. Let him get another roommate.

If he pushes hard and doesn't understand, maybe he's not the right one for you. If you didn't have a child it might be different but your kid needs a stable environment and you shouldn't move in with any man until you're financially stable and have a commitment
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:49 AM
I hope he does wait...
My son already loves him
We've been together for 2 1/2years
I don't know if I can stand my son being heart broken again... and I really love him too

Quoting jjames1990: I feel like I have read this word for word before on here.

Dont move in for financial reason. Its a bad idea. Let him get another roommate, think about yourself and your future. If he doesn't wait for you to be ready, there are always other guys out there.
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:51 AM
You have to love yourself more. You're son is young enough to get over it. People should never give up on their future for love. Get yourself stable and independent then incorporate another person.

Quoting Anonymous: I hope he does wait...

My son already loves him

I don't know if I can stand my son being heart broken again... and I really love him too

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2014 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this
This is true, my son is the main reason why I'm no. Rushing. I learned my lesson on that with his dad, thank you, your words made me feel better

Quoting jjames1990: You have to love yourself more. You're son is young enough to get over it. People should never give up on their future for love. Get yourself stable and independent then incorporate another person.

Quoting Anonymous: I hope he does wait...

My son already loves him

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:04 AM

tell hhim what you told us. If he dumps you because of it he wasnt a good one to keep.

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:08 AM

I would not do it for so many reasons. Too many to list!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)