Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who would YOU believe?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

ive been dating this guy now for almost 7 months, and im madly in love with him, hes perfect in everyway everything i have always dreamed of having but never truly finding until now. and i believe he feels the same way. well in the beginning of november of last year he went through some tough times, he was a avp for a financial insitution and was laid off after 10 years of employment, luckily he is somewhat getting by with a partitme second job he already had and the little unemployment he is recieveing. not only this but he had to move out of his apartment, and in with family. so to say the least he was very upset.

well for almost the whole month we went without speaking (in this month jan) i was heartbroken he wouldnt respond to my calls or messages and i gave up.. well he reached out to me about 3 days ago now and apologized for his distance telling me that he had so much going on and on top of it all he has fallen in love with me and he felt it all to be overwhelming and he was ashamed and embarrassed with his personal issues, that he though distancing himself would avoid me from having to deal with his problems. he begged me for another oppurtunity to be back in my life again. (hes now landed a new job and will be moving end of feb)

so i of course want to give this to him because hes so good to me. BUT my friend who is a guy swears up and down he thinks its all bull and that he is just now calling me to have "sex" and then he will disappear again. but i dont feel that about him wdyt?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Not put out that's for sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:33 AM

???  i dont understand

Quoting Anonymous: Not put out that's for sure.

huntersmama711
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
You could give him another chance but IMO he showed you that when times get tough he'll disappear. Is that really something you can handle?
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:36 AM

I wouldn't open my legs for him for a while..

If he sticks around, then he's telling the truth.

If he doesn't, your friend was right.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:36 AM
Then date him, but don't have sex
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AvengedMommy101
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:42 AM
This is what I would do.

Quoting KristenFowles:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:44 AM

thanks for your responses ladies, i think i may stick with what u all said and wait to "open my legs" ... i seen him once already this week and wea re suppose to go bowling this weekend. so ill hold off . he hasnt tried as of yet to get into my jeans but well see.. right

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:46 AM
This

Quoting KristenFowles:

Fulgent.Drinker
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:50 AM

HM, you know what he said concerning his life is very plausible.   Men have delicate egos in situations such as that.  I'd give him a 2nd chance, but I'd most definitely take things VERY slow and date causally for at least 6 months or so until I saw for myself the truth of it all.   I'd want to know he wasn't going to cut and run again just because some financial hardship occurred yet again before getting seriously involved with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 30, 2014 at 8:53 AM
I agree with this 100%

Quoting Fulgent.Drinker:

HM, you know what he said concerning his life is very plausible.   Men have delicate egos in situations such as that.  I'd give him a 2nd chance, but I'd most definitely take things VERY slow and date causally for at least 6 months or so until I saw for myself the truth of it all for myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN