Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do sahms tell me

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
At least you get a break at work at lunch and stuff.

I don't get no damn lunch break! This isn't a sitcom... We don't spend the morning catching up on gossip and playing mindless pranks and then leave for a lunch date with mimosas. Don't be dumb.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Replies (211-215):
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:55 AM

You don't get no damn lunch break?!

Well, I'm sorry to hear that.

Conversely, SOME working moms feel all SAHMs do is sit on their ass, eat bonbons and watch their stories.

Equally as dumb.

karrahM
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Damo

Damn, that shade of green is particularly ugly on you.

Kes1s
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:42 AM

From 9-5 the only ass you wipe is your own.  Close enough

Childofares
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Under federal rules, employers do not need to give most employees lunch or other types of breaks at all. Those are state laws and many states do not have to give them a break, the federal law only says that in order to be a paid break, it has to be 20 minutes. Ohio has no such law so some employees do not great lunches or breaks unless it's in the company policy. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because they don't doesn't mean they aren't required too.. Federal law says you get breaks if you work so many hours in a shift.  Anyone who works in the states and works full-time shifts and doesn't get breaks needs to stand up for their rights. 

Quoting Childofares:

Not every place is required to give lunch breaks. Hotels and gas stations for instance are not required to give you such. The standard is "if we arn't busy you can run and take a quick break". 

Quoting iamcafemom83: So are you a part timer who works less than 6 hours a day? Why don't you get a lunch break?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:54 AM
Your reply has nothing to do with what I was calling you out on.

Quoting Ms_mom_81:

hahaha! and she doesn't know if someone gets sick days. so don't talk to me about judgmental...

Quoting Anonymous:

That's a shitty and judgmental thing to say without knowing anything about what her husband does for a living.  Women like you will likely end up divorced several times because you don't get it.. 

Yes that was judgmental of me and I apologize, but damn lady!

Quoting Ms_mom_81:

If your husband does he can stay home so you can get better...if he is decent.

Quoting Anonymous:

At least you get sick days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN