Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

From a southerner up North...

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:56 PM
  • 192 Replies
26 moms liked this

It's somewhat disturbing to see so many so called   'mothers'  finding  so much  pleasure at the plight of the people in Alabama.    "Oh a little snow and you can't drive! Hahaha!"   -  What the hell is wrong with you?   Were YOUR  mothers  such complete assholes  that they  raised  such un-compassionate  bitches??? 

It's not a  question  of a little snow.  The roads  were ICE .  I watched on TV  where a car  was TRYING to go  forward  and his tires  were  spinning  and he wasn't moving.  Sure  you  can  drive  in  snow  up north.   But  more than likely  you  have  winter  tires on your car  or at the very  least all weather  tires.    And it's a  hell of a big  difference  when you  have  had trucks  go  ahead  of you  dropping  sand and ice like they do up north.    Would  you  have been yucking  it up like hyenas  if  it had  been your  kids  stuck  overnight  on a school bus  scared and cold and hungry???    What  if  it  was  you  parent  or grandparent  that was  stuck  out there  in an accident?     They had no  food or water  or bathroom facilities  and you  find that humorous?    People died  and  you  sit  there and  laugh about it?   Some poor woman  had to give  birth  in  a car  in the cold  on the side of the road with no  medical attention.  Thank God it was an otherwise uncomplicated birth.  But  she must have been terrified as well as her husband.    And all of those wrecked cars.   Cars that people need to  get to work and school   and doctor appointments.  What they rely on to  provide for their families   and yet  you  find  humor  in their plight   just as sickening  as    as someone  who  would  laugh  at a puppy that was hit by a car and was howling  on the side of the road.   The only thing  that  keeps what shred  of faith  I have in humanity  is the stories  of  people  who  opened   up  their  businesses and  wallets  and hearts  to   help  provide  shelter and  food to those in need. 

My  heart  goes  out  to all of those  who  were so adversly affected  by that tragedy and I will be  keeping them in prayer.

by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:59 PM
9 moms liked this

Most of us are baffled at how unprepared these people were, especially considering they had more than an hour's notice that bad weather was coming.  I'm not LAUGHING but shaking my head at the clusterfuck so many adults caused reacting to what would be an uneventful winter storm in the North.  It's something we can't wrap our heads around because it's such a normal occurance of weather here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:07 PM
8 moms liked this
It's embarrassing to be up here with those bitches, isn't it? I'm a transplant, too. This whole 'laugh at the south' thing reeks of insecurity in general to me.

No, driving in snow and ice isn't an innate human skill. No, it isn't an issue of "common sense." It takes getting used to. No, the south isn't prepared like we are up here. Duh. Why would they be? Stop being mean-spirited and stupid!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
*claps wildly*
sweetsinglemama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:09 PM
4 moms liked this
I''ve Been from the the north all my life and Ice is bad. It is impossible to drive in. It scares me.
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:10 PM
I am a Northerner and I agree with you.

Quoting Anonymous: It's embarrassing to be up here with those bitches, isn't it? I'm a transplant, too. This whole 'laugh at the south' thing reeks of insecurity in general to me.

No, driving in snow and ice isn't an innate human skill. No, it isn't an issue of "common sense." It takes getting used to. No, the south isn't prepared like we are up here. Duh. Why would they be? Stop being mean-spirited and stupid!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Amen!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Most of us are baffled at how unprepared these people were, especially considering they had more than an hour's notice that bad weather was coming.  I'm not LAUGHING but shaking my head at the clusterfuck so many adults caused reacting to what would be an uneventful winter storm in the North.  It's something we can't wrap our heads around because it's such a normal occurance of weather here.

Then you really are that stupid. It has been explained again and again and you STILL don't understand?  That's a comprehension problem, honey. 

Tracylynn100
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I have lived in North Dakota for most of my life, I find nothing amusing about this either, it is heartbreaking.  Another thing is an ice storm still terrifies me and I will not leave the house if I don't have to.  I don't care how good a driver you are ice is a nasty bitch

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Did we really need ANOTHER post about this?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:17 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm not laughing, I feel for the people who were affected, but what exactly do northern people have to be 'insecure' about when it comes to the south?

Quoting Anonymous: It's embarrassing to be up here with those bitches, isn't it? I'm a transplant, too. This whole 'laugh at the south' thing reeks of insecurity in general to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN