Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

income tax question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
I want to do my taxes on turbo taxes. But I have to put 2012 unemployment on it this year. Is there a spot for 2012? Without unemployment we will be eligible for eic but with we are over the limit. Do they add it all together or not?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Bump
lind.shep
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Why are you just now putting 2012 info on? Shouldn't that be included in last years taxes?
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Why are you putting something from 2012 on 2013s taxes? You should get a form from your state. All questions in TT are for specific line items so if it doesn't ask it, there isn't a spot on the form. Either way unemployment is not earned income so it doesn't count against you.
momto1ryen
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Quoting lind.shep: Why are you just now putting 2012 info on? Shouldn't that be included in last years taxes?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:44 PM
You have two years to file w2. We didn't get it last year. So I am trying to contact them to get them to send us one so we can file it this year.
leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:45 PM
You shouldn't be putting it on your 2013 taxes. It should have went onto your 2012 taxes
ladymaleficent
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Really hmm i didnt know that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:45 PM
You have two years to file one and we didn't get the form last year. I know it isn't earned but I don't know if it will put us over the limit since without we are are $40k with it over $50k

Quoting quickbooksworm: Why are you putting something from 2012 on 2013s taxes? You should get a form from your state. All questions in TT are for specific line items so if it doesn't ask it, there isn't a spot on the form. Either way unemployment is not earned income so it doesn't count against you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:46 PM
You have 2 years to file any w2.

Quoting leksismommy: You shouldn't be putting it on your 2013 taxes. It should have went onto your 2012 taxes
leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:47 PM
All w2s should be sent to you by January 31st of the new year. And no you don't have 2 years to get it filed unless you file for extensions

Quoting Anonymous: You have two years to file w2. We didn't get it last year. So I am trying to contact them to get them to send us one so we can file it this year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN