Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

70% fail

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:32 AM
  • 29 Replies

I heard yesterday that 70% of second marriages, involving minor children, fail. I read here everyday and problems with the step kids too.

why do so many people think they will be the exception?

the odds seem pretty bad.

by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:35 AM
Oh lord. Because here is mostly fake. Just bored drama llamas trying to outdo the latest story.
supergasper
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:36 AM

I wonder what the percentage is for second marriages without children.  I guess if you're truly in love, then the odds don't matter.  But yeah, I read a whole lot of stepmom/birthmom drama on here too.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:37 AM
3 moms liked this
If you base all of your stats on cafemom, then no one should use birth control because on here, it has a 99% failure rate. And condoms will always break. Lmfao, even using multiple forms of birth control always fails.
readyforhim
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:38 AM

because nothing is perfect, but we should still try.

suzanneyea
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:39 AM

Yes, we do seem to have very poor quality birth control here, lol. No, I heard this on a talk radio program.

Quoting Anonymous: If you base all of your stats on cafemom, then no one should use birth control because on here, it has a 99% failure rate. And condoms will always break. Lmfao, even using multiple forms of birth control always fails.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:42 AM
Ah. Well, serious answer to your question- because (most) people hate being alone, and hate being hurt by those they love, so if they are trying marriage for the second time, with kids involved, they hope that it will stick. No one wants to see a child hurt by losing a parent again.

Quoting suzanneyea:

Yes, we do seem to have very poor quality birth control here, lol. No, I heard this on a talk radio program.

Quoting Anonymous: If you base all of your stats on cafemom, then no one should use birth control because on here, it has a 99% failure rate. And condoms will always break. Lmfao, even using multiple forms of birth control always fails.

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I think thw only reason it seems that way is because if the bc had worked or been used properly, they wouldn't have a reason to be on cafemom lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:47 AM
I know. it just cracks me up when I read a post where someone says they got pregnant and someone says "should have been on birth control" and then all of a sudden there's 500 pages of stories about how someone mirena/depo/blah blah failed, or the condom broke, or the pill a condom and spermicide didn't work, etc etc...

Quoting EntrepeneurMom: I think thw only reason it seems that way is because if the bc had worked or been used properly, they wouldn't have a reason to be on cafemom lol.

Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Jan. 31, 2014 at 5:01 AM
People just want to be happy and try their best to find it.
And of course everyone is the exception to the rule.
I can say, while being a stepmother was/is hard, but is was never hard enough to end my marriage over.
But maybe, being a stepmother, but neither of us were married before, helps the odds?
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jan. 31, 2014 at 5:04 AM
I think like anything, if you go into it expecting it to fail it will

Shrug
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN