Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm sexy and I know it.

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/woman-asks-judge-change-her-name-sexy/nc7CR/

Ranea Crabtree wants to change because she can’t stomach her given name “I absolutely hate it, I think it’s really ugly.”

The name she despises is Sheila.

Ranea is her middle name, she’s been known by it since she was young. But that isn’t floating her boat these days either so next month Crabtree will ask a judge to allow her to legally change her first name to Sexy.

“I wear Victoria’s Secret clothes all the time,” Crabtree told the Columbus-Dispatch. “I was like, ‘Shoot, I’ll just go for Sexy.’”

The mother of two teenagers even has a fallback plan if Judge Robert Hoover says no.

If that happens, she’s considering asking for “Sparkle.”

The paper says there have been 1,600 name changes granted since 2012 when petitioners showed “reasonable and proper cause” for the switch.

Most were pretty normal but there were a couple of eye openers.

Derrill is now Pepper and Rubbie moved to Ruby. Then there was Clyde who switched to Genghis and Dashia who went royal with Princess Tiffany.

But Judge Hoover isn’t a rubber stamp. He said no to a woman who wanted to ditch her nickname B.J. and instead use Winnie Pooh.

by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:28 AM

her stripper name?

Quoting Mrs-Somerhalder:

When I worked in a call center for hospital systems, I had a woman call in to reset her password. Her name? Sparkle Moore. LOL

Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Quoting IamMex11:

her stripper name?

Quoting Mrs-Somerhalder:

When I worked in a call center for hospital systems, I had a woman call in to reset her password. Her name? Sparkle Moore. LOL

Nope, her legal name. She was a nurse. 

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:32 AM

her mother was a stripper and sparkle overcame it to become a nurse? oh gosh who in their right mind????

Quoting Mrs-Somerhalder:

Quoting IamMex11:

her stripper name?

Quoting Mrs-Somerhalder:

Nope, her legal name. She was a nurse. 

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:33 AM

Oh I saw that on the news about that poor girl, so sad!  My DH did ok,  he did make it to a racetrack Gas station at some point during the night, he got home at noon the next day.  He was coming from Alpharetta, we live in Buford.  Good to hear you were able to make it to the school and home with no incident, what part of Atlanta do you live in?

Quoting IamMex11:

If my dh didn't know a short cut from where he was when things started to look bad he would have been stuck also.

When i got the call that the elementary school was closing at 1:30 I left right away.  If I hadn't who knows...kids sleeping at schools, I would have walked to the school.  It's been crazy but thankfully I wasn't really affected.  I feel for those that were stuck for hours with babies in their cars with no food or water (or diapers)

News just reported that a young girl has to have her leg amputated because she was helping move the family car and there was an accident.

How did your husband react after all that time? you must have been worried sick!

Quoting tlcory:

Hey OP, you live in Atlanta don't you? Did you get stuck on the road the other day?  My DH did, it took him 21 hours to get home! 

weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:35 AM
Oh my.
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:36 AM

I'm in the Tucker area.  When I got the call I was literally 10 minutes from the school.  You can't imagine the bad driving I saw in those 10 minutes and it wasn't even terrible yet...at this point it was just the snow dusting.

Did the racetrac treat him well?

Quoting tlcory:

Oh I saw that on the news about that poor girl, so sad!  My DH did ok,  he did make it to a racetrack Gas station at some point during the night, he got home at noon the next day.  He was coming from Alpharetta, we live in Buford.  Good to hear you were able to make it to the school and home with no incident, what part of Atlanta do you live in?

Quoting IamMex11:

If my dh didn't know a short cut from where he was when things started to look bad he would have been stuck also.

When i got the call that the elementary school was closing at 1:30 I left right away.  If I hadn't who knows...kids sleeping at schools, I would have walked to the school.  It's been crazy but thankfully I wasn't really affected.  I feel for those that were stuck for hours with babies in their cars with no food or water (or diapers)

News just reported that a young girl has to have her leg amputated because she was helping move the family car and there was an accident.

How did your husband react after all that time? you must have been worried sick!

Quoting tlcory:

Hey OP, you live in Atlanta don't you? Did you get stuck on the road the other day?  My DH did, it took him 21 hours to get home! 

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:37 AM

you been up all night?

Quoting weeping_angel: Oh my.

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:45 AM

He mainly just stayed in his vehicle but was able to get hot coffee and food and sit in their parking lot which was a lot safer than the roads, oh and he was able to buy the last phone charger they had! Thank God or I would have been a nervous wreck, he's always forgetting his phone charger! Lol. Oh man again, I'm so glad you were able to make it to the school, I couldn't imagine having to leave my child like that but probably for a lot of the children it was like a big pajama party! Lol. I just saw on the news Gwinnett Schools are open today!? That must be the only school district open!  

Quoting IamMex11:

I'm in the Tucker area.  When I got the call I was literally 10 minutes from the school.  You can't imagine the bad driving I saw in those 10 minutes and it wasn't even terrible yet...at this point it was just the snow dusting.

Quoting tlcory:

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting tlcory:

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:47 AM

I saw this morning they aren't! that's crazy if they did....

oh the charger thing...that would have been me and my husband would have been a wreck

honestly i would have walked to the school if that had happened.  it may have taken me awhile...but no, i just can't imagine what those parents were going through

eta OH MY GOSH THEY ARE OPEN....BIG DUMMIES

Quoting tlcory:

He mainly just stayed in his vehicle but was able to get hot coffee and food and sit in their parking lot which was a lot safer than the roads, oh and he was able to buy the last phone charger they had! Thank God or I would have been a nervous wreck, he's always forgetting his phone charger! Lol. Oh man again, I'm so glad you were able to make it to the school, I couldn't imagine having to leave my child like that but probably for a lot of the children it was like a big pajama party! Lol. I just saw on the news Gwinnett Schools are open today!? That must be the only school district open!  

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting tlcory:

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting tlcory:

weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:03 AM
Nope. Think I went to bed at about 10

Quoting IamMex11:

you been up all night?

Quoting weeping_angel: Oh my.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN