Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm sexy and I know it.

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/woman-asks-judge-change-her-name-sexy/nc7CR/

Ranea Crabtree wants to change because she can’t stomach her given name “I absolutely hate it, I think it’s really ugly.”

The name she despises is Sheila.

Ranea is her middle name, she’s been known by it since she was young. But that isn’t floating her boat these days either so next month Crabtree will ask a judge to allow her to legally change her first name to Sexy.

“I wear Victoria’s Secret clothes all the time,” Crabtree told the Columbus-Dispatch. “I was like, ‘Shoot, I’ll just go for Sexy.’”

The mother of two teenagers even has a fallback plan if Judge Robert Hoover says no.

If that happens, she’s considering asking for “Sparkle.”

The paper says there have been 1,600 name changes granted since 2012 when petitioners showed “reasonable and proper cause” for the switch.

Most were pretty normal but there were a couple of eye openers.

Derrill is now Pepper and Rubbie moved to Ruby. Then there was Clyde who switched to Genghis and Dashia who went royal with Princess Tiffany.

But Judge Hoover isn’t a rubber stamp. He said no to a woman who wanted to ditch her nickname B.J. and instead use Winnie Pooh.

by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:11 AM
Replies (21-30):
Mammacra
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:06 AM
Naming yourself sexy because you wear Victoria's Secret clothing? She was either dropped on her head more than on was a child or did too many drugs as a teen! I see so many women thinking they are attractive walking around with the word PINK across their ass! Smdh
maddiesmommy5
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:13 AM

" Hey, this is my Mom...Sexy Crabtree" Those poor kids!

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:14 AM

when she said

well i wear a lot of victoria secret...let me go for it....

huh?

that's the first thing that comes to mind? i wonder what her kids names are

Quoting Mammacra: Naming yourself sexy because you wear Victoria's Secret clothing? She was either dropped on her head more than on was a child or did too many drugs as a teen! I see so many women thinking they are attractive walking around with the word PINK across their ass! Smdh

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:15 AM

eye bleach!

the visual of that is just too much!!

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

MMIC
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:16 AM
Her first name is fine it's her last name that sucks! Lol
Gothicgypsy3
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 7:20 AM

I hate my first and middle names also but I never considered "Sexy" as a name. Some people are just too weird.

maddiesmommy5
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:21 AM

lol!

Quoting IamMex11:

eye bleach!

the visual of that is just too much!!

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

CafeMom Tickers
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:25 AM

care to share?

Quoting Gothicgypsy3:

I hate my first and middle names also but I never considered "Sexy" as a name. Some people are just too weird.

Gothicgypsy3
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Heather Ann. Its so boring and plain. And my last name before I was married started with an M so I got called HAM alot during my childhood. Its not much better now,though. My last name starts with an H so I'm HAH.

Quoting IamMex11:

care to share?

Quoting Gothicgypsy3:

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:43 AM

oh...that's not so bad I was expecting much much worse!

I kinda like the HAH seems like you always get the last laugh!

Quoting Gothicgypsy3:

Heather Ann. Its so boring and plain. And my last name before I was married started with an M so I got called HAM alot during my childhood. Its not much better now,though. My last name starts with an H so I'm HAH.

Quoting IamMex11:

care to share?

Quoting Gothicgypsy3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)