Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you try a workout with a name like sexercise?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:21 AM
  • 52 Replies

Sexercise Workout Tones You Up With Bedroom Moves -- Awkward!

by Emily Abbate

lungesWe've all heard of our fair share of wacky workout trends. Like, hello, remember Prancercise last year? That woman had some killer gams simply from galloping around the great outdoors. And what about the stiletto workout from a few years back? Well brace yourself for the latest craze: Sexercise.

No no no, this isn't me just telling you that people are getting it on like rabbits and reaping the exercise benefits (although doing the dirty does burn between 90 and 120 calories every half hour). It's actually a 32-minute workout from personal trainer Jason Rosell that combines, yup -- you guessed it -- the foundations of exercise and sex.

Coming from the man who has trained Drew Carey and Snooki? Man, this should be interesting.

So, what sort of things does one do in sexercise class? Well, I'm glad you asked. Sexercise participants will do three rounds of 45-second cardio-based sexercises including lunges, squats, and booty pops designed to tone calves, glutes, and quads (with the goal to improve endurance so sexercisers can get freaky for hours on end).

I'm sorry, but I just can't imagine walking into a studio that I've never been to before and doing a class like this.

sexercise_workoutBut just you wait, I have good news! You can sexercise on your own at home, too, using Rosell's key moves. The best part? Their names.

1. Ab twist: Hold your hands together in a clasping grip, and lift up your legs one at a time while twisting your torso in the opposite direction.

2. Leg scissors: This one's steamy for sure. Find a partner to wrap your legs around. Then lift your body up off the floor while thrusting upward. In the process, make sure to tighten your hamstrings, glutes, and abs.

3. Caliente squats: Slightly bend your knees and make sure your legs and feet are at least shoulder-length apart. Then lower yourself so your thighs are parallel to the floor while tightening your glutes and abs.

4. The booty pop: Now this, this is sexual. Get into a tabletop position on all fours. Then take turns bringing each knee in toward your chin, and then returning it to the floor.

Would you try a workout with a name like sexercise?

by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:39 AM
5 moms liked this
Sure, those exercises above sound like normal ones to me.
That "booty pop" exercise is not the same as an actual booty pop. Lol!
MaskedMomma
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:54 AM
I sure would!
imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:55 AM

No, sounds like a gimmick. 

Lo428
by get over yourself on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:57 AM
3 moms liked this

I might. I also might be very immature and giggle about it first.

Onlymonic
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Yes, I would try... to me it sounds like a good bootcamp session... and I wont feel embarrased when I walk in  because all the people there are do in it too! lol

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:05 AM
4 moms liked this

I saw sex and got interested, but it's not sex. Pass.

USARomanceChick
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Sure! I dont care about the name; as long as it works hehe!

ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Lol! I might giggle every time I go workout, but I'd be willing to try it.

"Hey Hun! I'm going to go get my sexercise on!"

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Why not? Those are normal exercises with stupid names.  I wouldn't buy a DVD or anything, but I'd do it. 

Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Quoting honeyrder:

I saw sex and got interested, but it's not sex. Pass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)