Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Concerned possible drug abuse.. Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
Well everyone was right . I made him take a pee test which opiate came back positive. He swears he watered it down too. But the over all conclusion came when he went into the bathroom after the test and locked the door ... I unlocked it and I caught him shooting up. He tried denyingb it even though I told him he was caught to just fess up. Next step getting him help or we leave until he cleans himself up
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babyfever2011
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Bump! Good luck :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Thanks. I've done nothing but cry the past couple of days. I really hope I'm wrong but my instincts are telling me something different

Quoting babyfever2011: Bump! Good luck :(
kimbob2284
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Trust your instincts. Always. 

Quoting Anonymous: Thanks. I've done nothing but cry the past couple of days. I really hope I'm wrong but my instincts are telling me something different

sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:23 AM

:( sounds like when my brother had his drug addiction

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:29 AM
I should also note he's very against drugs, tried coming off the subs many times . His best friend just died of an overdose a couple months back. He's also fired many people from his job for hard drug use. So this is where I'm torn. Aside from total lack of sleep for a week straight. He went back to work the very next day we came home and hasn't stopped since. So about 12-14 hour days plus helping with the baby at least once a night I know he's worn down and money wise we've never been in a bigger hole so I know he's worn mentally as well. I just can't tell if the bruising was from
Work / the accident (he's covered with other cuts) and everything else is just from being passed the brink of exhaustion or if he's actually on something. He doesn't scratch at himself, the minute he hits the bed he's out cold. I'm torn I keep looking up other symptoms too

Quoting kimbob2284:

Quoting Anonymous: Thanks. I've done nothing but cry the past couple of days. I really hope I'm wrong but my instincts are telling me something different

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:30 AM
What were his signs if u don't mind me asking

Quoting sfigu16:

sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:33 AM

he wasn't using needles but Ill get to that as well 

He had red eyes, sleeping a lot, anger outbursts, very defensive and making excuses if we would ask him 

Now one of my cousins 

His wife and him would use needles and they would wear long sleeves, always like disconnected from the world you know? and it looks like tiny mosquitoes bites. They had them all over the body too. 

And also very agitated when they didnt have some in their system. 

Quoting Anonymous: What were his signs if u don't mind me asking

Quoting sfigu16:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:35 AM
He's on drugs. Don't leave your baby with him.
It's beneficial to him if you put your foot down. Your child will benefit if he gets clean.
Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:36 AM
You need to keep a very close eye on him. Sounds like drugs to me. If you find out that he is in fact doing drugs, please stick to your work and take baby until he is clean. It will be motivation for him too, to know you're serious.
kimbob2284
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:46 AM

The whole backpack scenario is super unsettling to me. I am glad he is against drugs, but that doesnt mean he won't get swept up into them for who knows why. I sincerely hope its just a lack of sleep and the stress of having a new baby. 

Quoting Anonymous: I should also note he's very against drugs, tried coming off the subs many times . His best friend just died of an overdose a couple months back. He's also fired many people from his job for hard drug use. So this is where I'm torn. Aside from total lack of sleep for a week straight. He went back to work the very next day we came home and hasn't stopped since. So about 12-14 hour days plus helping with the baby at least once a night I know he's worn down and money wise we've never been in a bigger hole so I know he's worn mentally as well. I just can't tell if the bruising was from
Work / the accident (he's covered with other cuts) and everything else is just from being passed the brink of exhaustion or if he's actually on something. He doesn't scratch at himself, the minute he hits the bed he's out cold. I'm torn I keep looking up other symptoms too

Quoting kimbob2284:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)