Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

no heartbeat

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
I'm asking ( with caution )in this group for advice . It seems to be one of the larger groups I am a part of , so I am hoping to get more feed back . We recently found out we are expecting baby #5. In between our four healthy children we had 3 miscarriages all before 7 weeks. Anyway, I went for my first early ultrasound on Tuesday. I am estimating myself to be 7weeks 3 days as of that time. I could be off though by quite a few days , no more than a week. The gestational sac looked good, the yolk sac looked good..and there was baby. Only , there was no heartbeat and baby was measuring about a week behind. The tech told me the baby most likely died a week ago ( which I was pissed she told me and not an OB. ) I was then put in a room to wait for the DR ( my midwife was in a delivery ). The Dr told me he would do another ultrasound in a week to double check but looking at the ultrasound pictures that I shoilsnt expect a miracle . Since then my pregnancy symptoms seem to be increasing . I have chosen to miscarry naturally since I'm under 8 weeks. Which they also said could take weeks. But would I be feeling pregnant still? Would my symptoms be getting worse? I'm praying dates are off. Experience?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
awesomemommy2
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I had more miscarriages than I care to count and maybe your dates are off. A lot of the symptoms can be psychosomatic or the result of the fetus being there and the body not realizing the loss yet.

Hoping for the best for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Sorry to hear that :/ of you don't mind me asking, how far along were you?

Quoting awesomemommy2: I had more miscarriages than I care to count and maybe your dates are off. A lot of the symptoms can be psychosomatic or the result of the fetus being there and the body not realizing the loss yet.

awesomemommy2
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Anywhere from 6 weeks to 12 and I had a stillbirth at 22 weeks.

I had D&C with all the miscarriages as the sitting waiting thing isn't for me. And I had to deliver the stillbirth.

Quoting Anonymous: Sorry to hear that :/ of you don't mind me asking, how far along were you?

Quoting awesomemommy2: I had more miscarriages than I care to count and maybe your dates are off. A lot of the symptoms can be psychosomatic or the result of the fetus being there and the body not realizing the loss yet.

EsmeVincent
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:39 PM
4 moms liked this
I would have asked for blood work to be done...if your levels are going up and baby is gone then something is wrong and you need to have more tests. I'm sorry about this...I hope it's not really mc and they just couldn't see/find it at the moment. That tech should have never told you that
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
If you are only 6 weeks. There is a good chance they can't detect the hb yet....and since that what u r measuring its a good possibility. Id have them do blood work to check hcg and again in 2 days . Then do another ultrasound in 2-3 wks. And that tech was very wrong. They r never supposed to analyze the ultrasound. They aren't properly educated to do so.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:45 PM
That's what I thought to. I didn't think she could do that

Quoting EsmeVincent: I would have asked for blood work to be done...if your levels are going up and baby is gone then something is wrong and you need to have more tests. I'm sorry about this...I hope it's not really mc and they just couldn't see/find it at the moment. That tech should have never told you that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:47 PM
I asked for blood work and the ob said it was useless . I don't see how but at that point I just wanted to get home to my husband. He said there is a low chance that I will see a heartbeat next week. I was pissed he only looked at the techs picture and didn't do a scan himself

Quoting svolkov: If you are only 6 weeks. There is a good chance they can't detect the hb yet....and since that what u r measuring its a good possibility. Id have them do blood work to check hcg and again in 2 days . Then do another ultrasound in 2-3 wks. And that tech was very wrong. They r never supposed to analyze the ultrasound. They aren't properly educated to do so.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:49 PM
Call a different dr. Demand an hcg level today and in two days. Even if that POS lazy dr sees "no need" because he doesnt think there is a viable fetus...the need is for you. For your peace of mind one way or another

Quoting Anonymous: I asked for blood work and the ob said it was useless . I don't see how but at that point I just wanted to get home to my husband. He said there is a low chance that I will see a heartbeat next week. I was pissed he only looked at the techs picture and didn't do a scan himself

Quoting svolkov: If you are only 6 weeks. There is a good chance they can't detect the hb yet....and since that what u r measuring its a good possibility. Id have them do blood work to check hcg and again in 2 days . Then do another ultrasound in 2-3 wks. And that tech was very wrong. They r never supposed to analyze the ultrasound. They aren't properly educated to do so.
EsmeVincent
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:51 PM
The tech isn't supposed to tell you anything 100% because they can't know it for 100% fact...if she was wrong then she stressed you out for nothing...I would be pissed, even if she was right she still shouldn't have said anything. I mean when I had my mc she just looked around and then said, the Dr will be in to see you....same thing when they saw that dd was too small and thought something was wrong with her

Quoting Anonymous: That's what I thought to. I didn't think she could do that

Quoting EsmeVincent: I would have asked for blood work to be done...if your levels are going up and baby is gone then something is wrong and you need to have more tests. I'm sorry about this...I hope it's not really mc and they just couldn't see/find it at the moment. That tech should have never told you that
EsmeVincent
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes!

Quoting svolkov: Call a different dr. Demand an hcg level today and in two days. Even if that POS lazy dr sees "no need" because he doesnt think there is a viable fetus...the need is for you. For your peace of mind one way or another

Quoting Anonymous: I asked for blood work and the ob said it was useless . I don't see how but at that point I just wanted to get home to my husband. He said there is a low chance that I will see a heartbeat next week. I was pissed he only looked at the techs picture and didn't do a scan himself

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN